• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Well well, what do we have here? Official news maybe?

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 15th, 2020, 3:51 pm

This was just posted on their Twitter: Image

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Azure » September 15th, 2020, 3:54 pm

I think I'm jizzing in my jockies at the moment !!
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 15th, 2020, 3:55 pm

So, like the Witch Lord on the site, similar but re-imagined. Which is odd since they should still have the rights to all the old images and art. But hey, if this new one is terrible, maybe it'll be nice to have a distinction between the original and the new one.

But it does give me more hope that it has the same font, a similar background, and, though re-imagined, a similar skull, shield, and black shield. Whoever's working on this hopefully understands some of the basics.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 15th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:So, like the Witch Lord on the site, similar but re-imagined. Which is odd since they should still have the rights to all the old images and art. But hey, if this new one is terrible, maybe it'll be nice to have a distinction between the original and the new one.
But it does give me more hope that it has the same font, a similar background, and, though re-imagined, a similar skull, shield, and black shield. Whoever's working on this hopefully understands some of the basics.

Totally agree! :gargoyle:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby BStewart80 » September 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm

It seems (and this is only an assumption on my part based on very little) that it will be the same game except with a fresh coat of paint (modified/updated graphics and pieces and the such).

Avalon Hill restored Axis & Allies and for the most part were faithful. In any case, I own several of those games and really enjoy playing them. My hope is, as they have released expansion and additional editions of Axis & Allies which were quite good, they will do the same for HeroQuest, provided it sells well. (Here's to our part for the success :skull: :skull: :skull: ). Let's hope they get this right.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » September 15th, 2020, 6:48 pm

All three are smiling! Let's hope we'll all be smiling a week from now...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby elvyler » September 15th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit. I just couldn't help myself.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:

Postby Goblin-King » September 15th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Mophus wrote:I totally agree. The style looks similar exchangeable like the anniversary game someone was trying to produce a few years ago. On the other hand, the cover of Heroquest was back in the days only a, hence sophisticated, manifestation of a similar rpg cover style, too.

That's a good observation, but quite frankly I think good covers is a lost art.
I think almost every single piece of box art that has come out in 2000+ falls in one of two categories:

* Digital wild sketchy style, where you kinda have to squint to make it look any good. Backgrounds some times look unfinished.
* Digital super soft cartoony look. I like to call this the World of Warcraft look. Often with a very sharp bizarre blue light from one side.

Necromunda is a good example of the first category. The new almost looks like concept art, while every square inch on the old version is painted in sharp detail.

Smallworld is an example of the WoW graphic style.

I may be an old bitter man, but I think it can be argued that cover-art WERE objectively better in ye olde days :ugeek: 8-) |_P
This goes for both games, books and movies!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 15th, 2020, 7:28 pm

In my head I kind of picture something between "Five Minute Dungeon" and "Diablo" on the PC. We'll see.

If you guys have firefox, there are browser extensions called DownThemAll ad Download all images, might be useful...

I'm still thinking it's going to be a Software based digital "board game" but if it ends up being like some kind of app enhanced (everybody tap the treasure chest with your phones to see what you got!) physical thing, I guess I'll be surprised.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 15th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Mophus wrote:I totally agree. The style looks similar exchangeable like the anniversary game someone was trying to produce a few years ago. On the other hand, the cover of Heroquest was back in the days only a, hence sophisticated, manifestation of a similar rpg cover style, too.

That's a good observation, but quite frankly I think good covers is a lost art.
I think almost every single piece of box art that has come out in 2000+ falls in one of two categories:

* Digital wild sketchy style, where you kinda have to squint to make it look any good. Backgrounds some times look unfinished.
* Digital super soft cartoony look. I like to call this the World of Warcraft look. Often with a very sharp bizarre blue light from one side.

Necromunda is a good example of the first category. The new almost looks like concept art, while every square inch on the old version is painted in sharp detail.

Smallworld is an example of the WoW graphic style.

[img]

I may be an old bitter man, but I think it can be argued that cover-art WERE objectively better in ye olde days :ugeek: 8-) |_P
This goes for both games, books and movies!

The difference between those two pieces of Necromunda box art is surprising. I guess I'm a bitter old man too, because I love that old detailed painted style.

Rewards:
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion