• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Question about the picture on the back of the box.

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Question about the picture on the back of the box.

Postby Kurgan » May 1st, 2021, 8:42 pm

Yeah, the Plague of Zombies was awesome, I loved that. Very inspiring!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » May 2nd, 2021, 1:44 am

Kurgan now we’ve just need quest notes to go with those maps!

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby iKarith » May 2nd, 2021, 6:09 am

Y'know, the prototype board really does feel more GW than what got released. The prototype artwork looks a lot like we see in some of the AHQ and WHQ artwork, and a bit like Space Crusade and Space Hulk too.

MB seems to have done a fair bit from what we see from the box back.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » May 2nd, 2021, 12:14 pm

Good point, like the Rescue the Princess revamp, this deserves its own write-up!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » May 14th, 2021, 5:56 pm

The original Gargoyle prototype from the box picture was discussed at Heroquest metal prototypes. The link to the Gallery reveals more details in the pictures.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » August 16th, 2021, 9:36 am

lestodante wrote:Other like the mummy have really minimal differences but what I like the most is the metal Fimir because is more muscular and looks very huge.

Hi, is there any picture where we could compare the prototype's size with the size of the plastic fimir?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » August 16th, 2021, 11:54 am

We were supposed to create some quests based on those "box art" setups. If you're tired of waiting for me, please go for it, I've been busy and forgot all about it...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » August 16th, 2021, 1:57 pm

HispaZargon wrote:Hi, is there any picture where we could compare the prototype's size with the size of the plastic fimir?

Check this picture, he's on a standard 25mm round base. Check in th emirror its back muscles!! Released Citadel Fimir were bigger than standard humans. :fimir:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » August 16th, 2021, 3:14 pm

lestodante wrote:
HispaZargon wrote:Hi, is there any picture where we could compare the prototype's size with the size of the plastic fimir?

Check this picture, he's on a standard 25mm round base. Check in th emirror its back muscles!! Released Citadel Fimir were bigger than standard humans. :fimir:

Yeah... its stronger than the plastic but I was asking for a picture with both models next each other, if possible, to see the differences.

Kurgan wrote:We were supposed to create some quests based on those "box art" setups. If you're tired of waiting for me, please go for it, I've been busy and forgot all about it...

I have not too much experience designing quests but, I have always thought that some kind of bonus quest for the basic campaign would be interesting to have available i.e., in the case of some of the main artifacts is lost by the players, like the Spirit Blade, which would make difficult (or make imposible) finishing the campaign, or some kind of random solo quest for a death player who starts again, in order to give him a second opportunity of upgrade with new equipment to be at similar level of the other alive heroes, etc. I think the quest map "extracted" from the back of the basic game box could be a candidate since it is shown in the basic box and it would be not considered "too much invented/random"(even we know it is...). This quest would be something as simple as "ok players, you must go to this dungeon and find the XXXXX artifact you lost in the previous quest... because it is there, do not search anywhere else :-)"... of course the story would be better worked, but that's the idea... and if the players do not acomplish this quest... that's all for them. Probably this kind of bonus quest for this purpose has been already treated in the Inn, I don't know, but I think this could be an idea to think about it in order to give some "logical use" to any of these "new" maps. What do you think?

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 17th, 2021, 7:50 am

Kurgan wrote:There's a few errors (or anomalies you could chalk up to it being in mid play), like a few monsters in rooms that don't have doors (or closed doors). The monsters on the side could be destroyed monsters or they might just be there waiting to be placed (2 orcs, a mummy, Chaos Warrior, Fimir and Skeleton). The stairs would not really be "trapped" in that room, in the board pictured that's one big room instead of two tiny ones.

Could make a playable quest out of this...

Nice work with the maps, Kurgan! Only a couple of "issues" I have detected in the first map, maybe would be more: the stairs in the EU version map does not exist and I think the Wizard and the door next to him must be moved 1 square to the 'left', it is not too important but if we would want to be accurate...

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion