Page 1 of 5

Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 12:18 am
by aaronAGN
So in the early 90s when I first played HeroQuest, the whole sword & sorcery genre was my addiction. Truth betold it still is.
But I played any and every pseudo RPG action/adventure hack'n'slash platformer - etc I could get my hands on.
Anything that gave me that gave me that sword & sorcery goodness.
Something to scratch that HeroQuest itch.

Wizards & Warriors
Final Fantasy
Magic Sword
Golden Axe
Black Tiger
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round

The list goes on and on.

What did you all play? Which ones were your favorites? And what made them your favorites?

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 12:34 am
by knightkrawler
I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else. Especially BECAUSE all these Kickstarter games have fraggled up interest with me in a major way.

My hobby is not board games, not war games, not skirmish games.
My hobby is HeroQuest and crafting, painting, collecting, writing, creating FOR HeroQuest and HeroQuest alone.

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 1:49 am
by aaronAGN
Ooookay. That was intense.
Gonna just... back ... away ... slowly
LOL

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 2:03 am
by Big Bene
knightkrawler wrote:I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else.

No girls anymore?

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 2:43 am
by knightkrawler
Big Bene wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else.

No girls anymore?


:D That's right, no girls.

aaronAGN wrote:Ooookay. That was intense.
Gonna just... back ... away ... slowly
LOL


It's just a description of why I'm here.
I can sometimes post like a sane person, too. |_P

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 6:00 am
by Geofonos
knightkrawler wrote:I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else. Especially BECAUSE all these Kickstarter games have fraggled up interest with me in a major way.

My hobby is not board games, not war games, not skirmish games.
My hobby is HeroQuest and crafting, painting, collecting, writing, creating FOR HeroQuest and HeroQuest alone.


Somebody get this man a beer, it's on me

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 7:52 am
by Goblin-King
knightkrawler wrote:I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else. Especially BECAUSE all these Kickstarter games have fraggled up interest with me in a major way.

My hobby is not board games, not war games, not skirmish games.
My hobby is HeroQuest and crafting, painting, collecting, writing, creating FOR HeroQuest and HeroQuest alone.


aaronAGN wrote:Ooookay. That was intense.
Gonna just... back ... away ... slowly
LOL


This is why I keep coming here! :lol: |_P

Anyways, Gauntlet seems like an obvious candidate for the list.
Hexen and Heretic are great games as well.
I really enjoyed Hexx: Heresy of the Wizard as a kid. Not sure how well it holds up today.
One of my favorites then and now are Golden Axe. It's just a fun and well made game.

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 7:58 am
by aaronAGN
knightkrawler wrote:It's just a description of why I'm here.
I can sometimes post like a sane person, too. |_P


I figured as much. I'm only teasing.
:P

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 10:23 am
by cornixt
knightkrawler wrote:
Big Bene wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:I played HeroQuest. Period.
I was interested in the fantasy board games of 1993/1994, but I was also interested in girls at the time.

Now, I play HeroQuest. Period.
Not interested in anything else.

No girls anymore?


:D That's right, no girls.

Period?

Re: Videogames that remind you of HeroQuest in ANY way

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 12:09 pm
by Cael Darkhollow
Top down view fantasy, dungeon crawler games remind me somewhat of HeroQuest such as Gauntlet, Gauntlet II (arcade), Gauntlet and Gauntlet II NES ( not the same games as the arcade) Zelda and Zelda II Adventures of Link NES, Dragon warrior games NES ( called Dragon Quest outside US), Dark Chambers Atari.

A few first person perspective games have the HQ feel, Swords & Serpents NES comes to mind