Page 1 of 2

Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 26th, 2017, 11:46 am
by spiritling
Thanks guys!

Re: Value of original Les Edwards Hero Quest preliminary ske

PostPosted: October 26th, 2017, 2:13 pm
by Goblin-King
Aaaah... to put a price on art...

I'd say anywhere between $100 to $300 is a fair price for a sketch from a niche artist like Les Edwards.
Depends on the size, detail and condition of the sketch of course.

Ask the seller for a quote and determine how much you really want the drawing.
I don't think it's gonna be a great investment though. You should buy it because you want to own it yourself.

Re: Value of original Les Edwards Hero Quest preliminary ske

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 7:12 am
by Geofonos
Totally agree with Goblin-King on the price
Just one question about that. Or for all unreleased merchandise anyway:
> How do you know that it's an original, authentic sketch? I mean, nowadays you can produce copies of pretty much whatever you like, make them look as authentic as can be nad can probably be determined authentic only if an art restoration scientist would run tests on the paper / ink etc.
Had the same issue about unreleased metal prototypes just the other day. There are quite a bunch of metal protos sold on ebay that are metal reproductions of the original prototype. Again, you'd need chemical test on the metal to determine the age of the prototype.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for grabing unreleased stuff but I'm also as cautious as a rogue when finding deals like that.

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 10:10 am
by knightkrawler
...and why hasn't that sketch been sold for years or decades?

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 10:51 am
by Fallensaviour
Is there a picture or link.
Or am I missing something?
As I don’t see anything it looks like just a random statement about Edwards art....lol

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 11:39 am
by knightkrawler
Looks like spiritling edited the original post to get rid of competition or something.
I feel abused.
This is not how the internet works, dude.

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 10:19 pm
by aaronAGN
I feel like I missed something

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 11:06 pm
by clmckay
The OP posted a question asking how much we all thought an unreleased Les Edwards sketch would go for. He did not say she or where he was getting the sketch from, nor did he post a picture of it. He did post a link to the League of Heroes sketch from the Les Edwards Website and indicated it was similar to it.

After getting a few posts he returned and deleted the original comment. While that seems odd, there was no link to where he was getting it from so i can't imagine it "limiting competition" in any meaningful way.

Perhaps we would all be better off assuming he edited his comment because he had his answer. Maybe he'll post a picture if he gets it.

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 5:43 am
by knightkrawler
I meant that you shouldn't change an original post in suich a way that the whole thread was useless.
That, I think, is how a forum shouldn't be handled.

Re: Les Edwards art

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 6:28 pm
by Daedalus
Geofonos wrote:Totally agree with Goblin-King on the price
Just one question about that. Or for all unreleased merchandise anyway:
> How do you know that it's an original, authentic sketch? I mean, nowadays you can produce copies of pretty much whatever you like, make them look as authentic as can be nad can probably be determined authentic only if an art restoration scientist would run tests on the paper / ink etc. . . .

Good point about remaining skeptical when shelling out big bucks. To help with authenticity, a signature is helpful for comparison with other known examples. If the buyer was going direct to Les Edwards, he could get the sketch signed. A secondary buyer would still needs an expert for verification, however.

clmckay wrote:The OP posted a question asking how much we all thought an unreleased Les Edwards sketch would go for. He did not say she or where he was getting the sketch from, nor did he post a picture of it. He did post a link to the League of Heroes sketch from the Les Edwards Website and indicated it was similar to it. . . .

I missed the original post. I imagine you meant the Legion of Heroes sketch that led to the cover art for Wizards of Morcar.

Image