Page 1 of 2

Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 9:35 am
by MadMickyG
I have been trolling the interwebs for the name of the miniatures I used to make my monk.

It was Necro soldiers, or Necroid or something like that. They are punk like, with spiked wrists and knives in one hand, with the other arm being empty with a choice of different guns.

Have looked and looked, but have been unable to find (or remember the name) of these miniatures.

Image

They are the third of four in the back row (monk) and third in second back room (gladiator)

Tried to make some changes to my monk miniature, but he no longer looks monkish now.

Off topic, I was looking at a mummy I repaired and realised I could make it look like a ninja with a few changes.

Back on topic now, any help with naming the miniature types would be helpful.

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 10:14 am
by knightkrawler
Necromunda?
A skirmish game from Games Workshop, end of the '90s, with gangs, among others Punks going by the name of, help, Slev, you know that...

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 10:43 am
by MadMickyG
Thats them. It was Necro-something. Thanks KnightKrawler. :)

I was looking at so many monk miniatures, but couldnt find anything I liked. With the right bits, I can really make one of them a good monk, if I can find the same miniature if anyone still has them.

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 11:00 am
by slev
knightkrawler wrote:NSlev, you know that...


House Goliath.

(For what it's worth, I have a House VanSaar gang)

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 11:07 am
by MadMickyG
The Gladiator is Goliath, the Monk was House Orlock.

Found a couple in eBay in Aus for $3.50.

Ordered and will be delivered when I'm back at work next week. Will use other pieces to make it more Monk like this time.

Unless.........I can learn to make 3D models and get my son to have it done on 3D printer at his school. Would be soooo good if I could do that, so get models done exactly the way I want them.
All the Monk models I've seen for sale are so-so, but I may be a bit fussy. :P

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 6:28 am
by MadMickyG
Havent been able to find a good Monk, so thought I might try my hand at making a model for 3d printing. My sons school has one.

Here is a few perspectives of what I have done so far. Learning the software as I go, so its not going to be a quick thing.

Image



Free program is called Sculptris from Pixologic.

And its fun. :)

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 8:28 am
by MadMickyG
Image

Been busy all day. Brain hurts trying to design my own monk model.
Was scouring the net for a decent monk. May end up getting this one, although it's not the pose I would like. It's from the Reaper Bones set.

Will change from sword to staff or spear to fit in with my type. Pretty sure its the right scale.

On a side note, I have tried to send 2 PMs to Decipher, but both are just sitting in my Outbox without sending. Never had an issue sending a message before. Something not working correctly on the forums?

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 11:15 am
by TMU
MadMickyG wrote:On a side note, I have tried to send 2 PMs to Decipher, but both are just sitting in my Outbox without sending. Never had an issue sending a message before. Something not working correctly on the forums?

if I remember right, it just basically means the recipient hasn't opened the message. :geek: And Decipher has left the forum so I guess I was right.

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 6:04 pm
by MadMickyG
Thanks TMU. Does that mean the private room for Miniatures he was getting created is gone? Wanted to see if it had gone anywhere.

Re: Searching, searching

PostPosted: April 9th, 2016, 6:33 pm
by StratosVX
TMU wrote:
MadMickyG wrote:On a side note, I have tried to send 2 PMs to Decipher, but both are just sitting in my Outbox without sending. Never had an issue sending a message before. Something not working correctly on the forums?

if I remember right, it just basically means the recipient hasn't opened the message. :geek: And Decipher has left the forum so I guess I was right.

I think this is right. I have one in my outbox to him and one to EvilWizardCharacter. The one to EWC has been in the outbox since the end of January.