Page 1 of 2

Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 3:31 pm
by FainFlynn
Howdy guys!

I'm interested in creating my own levels, but don't have the first clue in how to generate my own map and insert all the icons for things like furniture, etc.

Does anyone have advice on the most efficient way to create new levels on a PC, to then print out and play?

Thanks!

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 3:43 pm
by GimmeYerGold
Hey FainFlynn!

This program is amazing, and has everything you'll need:

http://www.heroscribe.org/heroquest.html

If you run into any trouble, there is support on the site in the form of an FAQ, and you can search the forum, too.

Happy Questmaking! |_P

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 4:09 pm
by FainFlynn
Thats awesome, I will check it out when I get home. Thanks! I love knowing I'm not alone in my hero quest obsession!

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 4:31 am
by Big Bene
You could check the link in my signature. ;)

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 9:58 am
by FainFlynn
Awesome, thanks!

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 6:27 am
by slev
HeroScribe is fanashtic, and Defel has long since win multiple internets.

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 6:30 am
by knightkrawler
Yeah, he's deserved his Lifetime Achievement Award.

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 9:27 am
by Pitbullsandaks
Yes it really is amazing and easy to use.

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 10:10 am
by Count Mohawk
If you're using HeroScribe, I would be remiss if I didn't mention all the icon packs Derfel has available on the HeroScribe site. Getting everything to work properly has been described by multiple forum members as a pain, but if you figure it out you gain access to a very versatile system, with literally over 1000 more icons to choose from.

Re: Custom Level Creation - need advice

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 2:12 pm
by Pitbullsandaks
I had to try twice for the icon packs. It was just a matter of moving the files correctly and getting them in the right spot