Page 1 of 2

HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 2:32 pm
by KT_Cobra
Does anyone have any experience with this?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
ANY information would be appreciated.

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 9:04 pm
by StratosVX
I didn't even know this existed

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 9:48 pm
by sajungzak
StratosVX wrote:I didn't even know this existed

me neither. I wonder if there is any cost or if the require credit info. hmmm Not enough time right now...

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2014, 4:21 am
by Goblin-King
I was surprised as well!

First thought: If they are already ripping the artwork (how can this even be allowed on Steam? But whatever), why on earth didn't they use the correct icons on the white dice and WHY didn't they recreate the miniatures?

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2014, 5:32 am
by Sjeng
the program might have some limitations. Pretty cool though!

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2014, 11:44 am
by IvenBach
Using a computer to simulate a tabletop gaming experience. Does anyone else other than myself find any irony in this?

Still interesting.

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2014, 12:31 pm
by KT_Cobra
What's weird is that I can't find it on Steam Workshop. They may have taken it down; however, it's still available here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/201/?

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 24th, 2014, 2:32 am
by Decipher
I prefer the real thing. Guess I'm too old school.

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: August 24th, 2014, 4:04 pm
by Teldurn
IvenBach wrote:Using a computer to simulate a tabletop gaming experience. Does anyone else other than myself find any irony in this?

Still interesting.

Videogames have been doing that pretty much since RPGs were invented.

Re: HeroQuest on Steam (TableTop Simulator)

PostPosted: September 8th, 2014, 1:51 pm
by Daedalus
sajungzak wrote:
StratosVX wrote:I didn't even know this existed

me neither. I wonder if there is any cost or if the require credit info. hmmm Not enough time right now...

No cost. If the file size is very large, you may need to register with a free account.

Goblin-King wrote:I was surprised as well!

First thought: If they are already ripping the artwork (how can this even be allowed on Steam? But whatever), why on earth didn't they use the correct icons on the white dice and WHY didn't they recreate the miniatures?

The maker doesn't own a Hero Quest game. The first effort even had the wrong allotment of skulls and white shields. The maker made his own mini artwork. There was a mention of adding 2D versions. The site was intended for video game mods from games such as the Eldar Scrolls to be swapped as plug-ins. This guy seems to be playing with it because of his interest in another Hero Quest computer game he liked.