Page 1 of 3

I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 10th, 2014, 11:43 pm
by KT_Cobra
Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums but was really active in the Oldscratch forums several years back.
After moving and other changes in my life, I remembered my collection of HeroQuest in the top of my closet. I'm building a house soon and will not be taking it with me because well, I just don't have anyone to play it with anymore and my wife and I won't be having kids to pass on the fun to. I'd really like to sell it to, hopefully, someone who can do JUST that.

That's why I'm here. I have such a wide variety of stuff here. I have pieces and parts from each expansion (tiles, books, miniatures, cards, etc.), and I'm seeing that the prices on Ebay are SO widespread. I just don't know where to start with pricing. I was hoping to post some pictures here so y'all can give me an idea of what all of it may be worth. I'm looking for the best price possible (duh) because I'm going to be giving this money to my church.

I don't WANT to sell this, and I may regret it later, but I really just don't have any use for it nor will I in the future, and I'd really like someone who collects HeroQuest stuff to benefit from it and hopefully pass it on to the next generation.

Again, hello. I'll check back in tomorrow.

P.S. - I just organized everything and will have pictures ready tomorrow night. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. Thanks.

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 2:12 am
by StratosVX
As far as value goes, I can't help you there. I can say that depending on what prices you come up with, I may be interested in getting some of the expansions from you (or figures if you plan on selling them separately). I have Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord, but that's it for full expansions. Honestly, I'm more concerned about the figures because I can always print tiles. One of the projects I have planned is figuring out how to do good quality recasts for people on this site so we can all have the figures for the expansions. I currently have all the Ogres, some of the AHQ Skaven (not sure many people care about that) and I just bought a couple of pieces from tasoe on ebay. (the Storm Wizard and Necromancer, I think. Now I can't remember which ones I actually bought. Oh and he threw in the Orc Shaman.) I try ebay but I don't have time to sit and watch the bids and I usually get outbid right at the end of them.

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 4:17 am
by Sjeng
Sorry to hear about you selling your set. Don't you have any nephews/nieces that come by regularly?
Or an adult gaming group to play with? Many people play games together, all ages, and HQ fits quite well as an easy introduction to dungeon crawlers / fantasy games. You can always step up from there to games like Descent or D&D boardgames.
Or simply expand the HQ rules for more challenging games.

But if you really want to sell, try placing all items together per expansion, so we can see if each set is complete and in which state. That's important to guess a value. I'm sure plenty if people here would love to buy it from you. I'm betting you're in the USA, so it won't be worthwile for me to bid with the shipping etc. but I can help with the price.

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 7:15 am
by StratosVX
Sjeng wrote:I'm betting you're in the USA, so it won't be worthwile for me to bid with the shipping etc. but I can help with the price.


Forum language is listed as British English and the evil wizard is listed as Morcar, so get out your money Sjeng! :D

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 8:45 am
by KT_Cobra
Thanks for the kindness and welcome everyone.
I know, it's unfortunate, but I really don't have anyone around me who games or has any kind of gathering that I'm aware of.
I would love to pass this on to a nephew, but the only nephew I have is now a teenager and wouldn't have the same respect I have for the game, if any.
I'll be posting pictures tonight. I went ahead and took pictures of the sets and with everything all together.

StratosVX wrote:
Sjeng wrote:I'm betting you're in the USA, so it won't be worthwile for me to bid with the shipping etc. but I can help with the price.


Forum language is listed as British English and the evil wizard is listed as Morcar, so get out your money Sjeng! :D


Acutally, I forgot to change the language to English (U.S.), and I've always thought Morcar was a whole lot better than Zargon.

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 9:33 am
by Sjeng
@StratosVX: you owe me ... ehm... a cookie!! MWUHAHAHAHAAA!

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:11 am
by knightkrawler
Jason? That you?
Dun, dun, duuun...

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:53 am
by KT_Cobra
knightkrawler wrote:Jason? That you?
Dun, dun, duuun...

Yep. It's me. :D I just discovered these forums as I was doing my research. So glad to see they're active.

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 8:14 pm
by KT_Cobra
Here they are, folks. I have more pictures than this, but wanted to "cut the fat". Let me know if you need more detailed pictures of whatever necessary.
Also, if I'm being a jerk for posting this many pictures in one thread, I do apologize.
Notice before reading that NONE of my expansion packs are 100% complete, as you can see. I don't have ANY of the original boxing except for the main game set.

I have a full set of the original game:
ImageImageImageImage

I'm missing 1 tile for the Kellar's Keep expansion:
ImageImageImage

There is damage to the corners of the box:
ImageImageImage

I believe this is a complete booklet (no missing pages just like my other quest books and manual):
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

My favorite of any piece has always been the Polar Warbear. I don't why, and I even considered keeping him just as a memento but haven't decided just yet:
ImageImageImage
Image

One throne tile from Advanced HeroQuest, I believe:
Image

The EU version:
Image

These are the extra pieces/parts:
ImageImageImage

This is the Whole thing:
Image
Image

Instead of posting another topic, I was hoping maybe I can get some info about these too? These are going to be sold with the lot:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: I need some help with this

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 8:57 pm
by Decipher
Looks awesome. If I were to buy any HQ stuff over $20 at a time, my wife would throw me out of the house. I wish I could send you some serious cash if I was able. I'd put that on ebay for sure though if possible.