Page 1 of 5

HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:04 pm
by Jerry Hawthorne
Hey guys, I have been asked to write an article about HeroQuest in observance of its 25th anniversary. Basically, it is a round table discussion by modern game designers, reminiscing about the impact of HeroQuest on the boardgame industry.

I tried PMing drathe to see if there is anything special I can include from the Heroquest community, and I want to direct attention to the fan sites that still support the game. As some of you know, I have been a fan of HeroQuest for many many years, and was an active member of Agin's Inn. My passion for all things Heroquest lead me to my professional involvement with Hasbro, and was my inspiration for creating Mice & Mystics.

If there is anything you guys can think of that would benefit the HeroQuest community, please let me know.

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:06 pm
by knightkrawler
G-Bob? That you?

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:15 pm
by Jerry Hawthorne
knightkrawler wrote:G-Bob? That you?
Yes it is!

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:17 pm
by Goblin-King
Some of the members here, myself included, are in the middle of writing a big 25-quests anniversary quest-pack.

Besides that idunno... Are you thinking of anything in particular?

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:24 pm
by knightkrawler
You've been asked to write an article...
You're professionally involved with hasbro...
1 + 1
Is this connected and is this maybe something like a part of market research?

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:36 pm
by Teldurn
knightkrawler wrote:You've been asked to write an article...
You're professionally involved with hasbro...
1 + 1
Is this connected and is this maybe something like a part of market research?

Inquiring minds want to know. Does this probe sound fishy?

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:56 pm
by Jerry Hawthorne
Goblin-King wrote:Some of the members here, myself included, are in the middle of writing a big 25-quests anniversary quest-pack.

Besides that idunno... Are you thinking of anything in particular?
Oh that is something perfect to mention in my article!! More info please.

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 12:57 pm
by Jerry Hawthorne
Teldurn wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:You've been asked to write an article...
You're professionally involved with hasbro...
1 + 1
Is this connected and is this maybe something like a part of market research?

Inquiring minds want to know. Does this probe sound fishy?
This is not market research, but any exposure is beneficial. This is just a group of designers getting nostalgic!

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 1:03 pm
by Teldurn
Jerry Hawthorne wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:Some of the members here, myself included, are in the middle of writing a big 25-quests anniversary quest-pack.

Besides that idunno... Are you thinking of anything in particular?
Oh that is something perfect to mention in my article!! More info please.

In no particular order:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2462
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2249
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2464

Re: HeroQuest 25th

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 3:36 pm
by Sjeng
knightkrawler wrote:G-Bob? That you?

Of course!!! Now I remember xD Old Scratch days.

Completely forgot. Somehow that fellow forum member who was making a new game turned into this amazing person who created a game I fell in love with. :lol:

I'm trying to think of things to add, but I'm tired atm. Been pretty hectic at work the last few weeks (or months). Chronicles of Sir Ragnar comes to mind, the blog and HQ25.