Page 1 of 2

Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 7:15 am
by soppathekeitto
Hi guys what you think do i totally suck or ?? . some off the painting jobs are in my mind Cool but other looks like retarted monsters :roll:
Here is the paint that i used (all the stores that sells paintings and figures have quitted here in my hometown.)
Image boughted from http://www.clasohlson.com/ + Image

Image

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10430133/ <-- album

furnitures testing
Image

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 8:20 am
by tasoe
Obviously those paints are not recommended for miniatures.
But the brushes are ideal, and I think they were very helpful to create such good results.
The photo is not very clear but I can tell that the colours are not splashed on each other and that for a first time painter (I assume) you got really good results.
Keep it up and provide more close up photos next time so we can be even more judgemental!

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 8:28 am
by soppathekeitto
tasoe wrote:The photo is not very clear but I can tell that the colours are not splashed on each other and that for a first time painter (I assume) you got really good results.
Keep it up and provide more close up photos next time so we can be even more judgemental!

Yep i am first timer. And few only got splashed and mistake paint to them. But like the green fimir was allmost perfect (cant paint eyes). I try to tak better picture

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 10:40 am
by chaoticprime
Yes, you totally suck. Keep trying, though. You will get better. Painting is all technique, and only sometimes real talent.

Here are a couple of pointers: never use black paint to do anything but base-coat; never paint anything larger than a hand yellow.

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 2:51 pm
by soppathekeitto
chaoticprime wrote:Yes, you totally suck. Keep trying, though. You will get better. Painting is all technique, and only sometimes real talent.

Here are a couple of pointers: never use black paint to do anything but base-coat; never paint anything larger than a hand yellow.

ok. i notice that yellow suck with my goblins oh well i hav to but them to water over night and start over tomorrow. hmm about 4 goblins + 2 fimir goes to new paint job.
and next week i giv kaos warriors or fimirs to my kids to paint. i fear :dwarf: painting

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 8:12 pm
by chaoticprime
Use 91% isopropyl alcohol to strip the paint off. Use an old toothbrush, or a small nylon fiber stripping brush. They'll only need to soak for about an hour.

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 1:37 pm
by Guybrush Threepwood
Don't get frustrated when your first miniatures aren't perfect masterpieces. After all it's all about the fun and when you keep doing it, you will learn more everytime you paint and the results get better. I'd agree with chaoticprime that miniature painting is a lot more about technique than about talent.

I suggest you read some tutorials about techniques like dry brushing, washing etc. f.i. here:

http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/

About your colors I can't tell, I don't know those. I use these:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... ints-tools

Have fun!

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 2:40 pm
by bruenor
chaoticprime wrote:Yes, you totally suck. Keep trying, though. You will get better. Painting is all technique, and only sometimes real talent.

Here are a couple of pointers: never use black paint to do anything but base-coat; never paint anything larger than a hand yellow.



Don't pull your punches CP..... :o

To be honest they not the worst painted miniatures I have seen and you stated it's your first go, and I commend you on getting that far with a first go.

I would offer the advice to change to a brand of paints more suited to miniature painting but it's whatever you feel comfortable with at the end of the day.
Loads of threads with great advice on here for you to look at and you'll pick up things as you go along.

The best advice I can give, is keep it neat, and colour schemes simple to start off with and get to know your paints and how they feel/work and then once you've mastered that then you can move onto more advanced techniques.

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 6:48 pm
by soppathekeitto
Guybrush Threepwood wrote:Don't get frustrated when your first miniatures aren't perfect masterpieces. After all it's all about the fun and when you keep doing it, you will learn more everytime you paint and the results get better. I'd agree with chaoticprime that miniature painting is a lot more about technique than about talent.

B( my kids make fun of my one of the Fimir that i painted today. Son told my daughter "hehe dad is making another clownmonster" :lol: :lol:

I suggest you read some tutorials about techniques like dry brushing, washing etc. f.i. here:

yep i used that drybrushing to my KaosWarrios and :gargoyle: and :zombie: :mummy:

http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/

About your colors I can't tell, I don't know those. I use these:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... ints-tools

i found a strote that sold those paints in my home town. But my luck he is quitting selling and he got only few paint jar. i got Bronzed flesh, ice blue, elf flesh, rotting flesh.
and those paint that i hav use acrylic some off the colours are so "wet" that they are hard to use about half of them is "solid".

by the way hmm i tryed to look those paints. But i confused like Orc drunk festival. Can you advice some paints for lets say basic Orc. ?

Have fun!
[/quote]
Yep sure do. Today i am goint to paint :barbarian: :dwarf: :wizard: :fimir: :fimir: :gargoyle: <-- i forgot those wings

To be honest they not the worst painted miniatures I have seen and you stated it's your first go, and I commend you on getting that far with a first go.

I would offer the advice to change to a brand of paints more suited to miniature painting but it's whatever you feel comfortable with at the end of the day.
Loads of threads with great advice on here for you to look at and you'll pick up things as you go along.

The best advice I can give, is keep it neat, and colour schemes simple to start off with and get to know your paints and how they feel/work and then once you've mastered that then you can move onto more advanced techniques.

Ty i hav to just practise and firstly get set of gooooood paint. and my friend took 2 :skeleton: that he is goint to dip paint or something like that.

Re: Painting

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 7:16 pm
by Goblin-King
soppathekeitto wrote:B( my kids make fun of my one of the Fimir that i painted today. Son told my daughter "hehe dad is making another clownmonster" :lol: :lol:

lol how adorable! :lol: