Page 1 of 1

possible source of artwork

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2013, 11:17 pm
by torilen
I happened across this website by accident. I am very interested in the files titled map-tiles,
though some of the others look pretty neat too.
I haven't gotten around to joining the forum (andors trail) so that I can ask the administrators
if we could be allowed to use their artwork for tiles and card-backs and such, as long as we give
them credit when necessary and use it only for free on the inn website.
If anyone else does so before I do, please let us know that you have, so we don't pester them too
much, and let us know the result.

Anyhow...here is the website. Check it out, let me know what you think...is it worth bothering with?

http://andors-trail.googlecode.com/svn/ ... /drawable/

Re: possible source of artwork

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2013, 3:04 am
by Sjeng
looks like another japanese anime rpg... Tiny pixel art. Not very interesting to me personally to be honest.

Re: possible source of artwork

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2013, 4:39 am
by Goblin-King
While the pixel-art is decent I can't really see in what way you would use it in HQ.
Like Sjeng said, it's tiny and not suitable for printing in a usable scale.

edit: Looking through some of the other pictures, it looks like a mash of at least three different artists. I doubt this is a legit collection. In other words, the uploader is probably not the owner of these things.

Re: possible source of artwork

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2013, 6:25 am
by chaoticprime
torilen wrote:I happened across this website by accident. I am very interested in the files titled map-tiles,
though some of the others look pretty neat too.
I haven't gotten around to joining the forum (andors trail) so that I can ask the administrators
if we could be allowed to use their artwork for tiles and card-backs and such, as long as we give
them credit when necessary and use it only for free on the inn website.
If anyone else does so before I do, please let us know that you have, so we don't pester them too
much, and let us know the result.

Anyhow...here is the website. Check it out, let me know what you think...is it worth bothering with?

http://andors-trail.googlecode.com/svn/ ... /drawable/


That is mostly all the pre-made graphics that come included with RPGmaker VX. I would be caught naked in an ice cream parlor before using those in a game I made. I did actually use some of those as the basis for some of the maptiles I uploaded to the gallery, here. They were meant to be temporary prototypes, btu I edited them enough using photoshop they're not quite so apparent.

This, here, is a video game graphical resource album to be proud of: http://s619.photobucket.com/user/chaoti ... lor%20Seed

Re: possible source of artwork

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2013, 9:10 am
by torilen
That was my plan, really...take what is there and edit it to make it my own. I tested it out last night.
I best program I have at the moment is Adobe photo editor, and it is hard to make anything useful
from those small icons. I might be able to do a little something with them.
If nothing else, it can provide a good base - the art is still better than I can do by hand on my own. :)

I know little about game graphics, so I didn't know they were just stock icons from a video game creator.
Thanks for checking it out, though, all...I appreciate your thoughts.