Page 1 of 1

Monster Stats

PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 11:06 pm
by FknDrnk
I saw the review of compatable miniatures to HeroQuest, and was wondering if anyone has a stat-chart for these monsters. I own several of these games and have used other pieces, but wanted a referance from the general public on the stats and abilities they've used.

Re: Monster Stats

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 12:45 pm
by drathe
I've yet to actually use my Dragon Strike minis for HeroQuest, so I have no knowledge of the best stats to use with them. The only ones I've seen were done by Dewayne Agin. You can find them in the Agin's Inn Archive. Under the 'New Monsters' link at the bottom of the page he has two Dragon Strike miniatures done up with stats and rules. Take them as is, or mend them to your needs.

Thus far I've only taken miniatures from HeroQuest and made them special characters in some of my quests, mainly since I've only acquired Dragon Strike in the last year myself. Same with Dark World. Would love to have Warhammer Quest. I'd like some of those spiders and bats in my collection...

A good rule of thumb is to take a monster and judge for yourself if they are stronger or weaker than say, a Fimir. Then adjust the stats of the Fimir to make it stronger, weaker, smarter, etc. depending on where you believe the monster should fit. That's the best way I've found to keep things simple in the spirit of HeroQuest and to ensure you're not creating something that is over-powered or far too weak.

Hope that helps. As always, everyone else is free to chime in with their thoughts and ideas.

Re: Monster Stats

PostPosted: April 25th, 2009, 1:21 am
by Milk
I had created some custom stats for some d&d minis that i plan on using. What i did was slightly adjust the Chaos Warrior and Gargoyle's stats and then judge new monsters on relative likenesses. I tried to vary monsters as much as i could so they all didn't end up with stats equal to Orcs or Skeletons (as that seems the only logical choice when nudged in the direction that the Fimir, Chaos Warriors and Gargoyles should be relatively strong monsters compared to the others. Overall, i would just say it's all pretty much a judgement call anyways - afterall, how strong do you want the new creatures to be compared to all the original monsters?

I'll see if I can dig up any of the stats i had created though.

Re: Monster Stats

PostPosted: April 27th, 2009, 11:33 pm
by zep
I created some stats for a few of the Dragon Strike monsters once, but I have no clue what happened to those. What I did with some of them was give them a special ability to make them stand out from the stats of the original HQ monsters when I felt they were of equal strength. For example, you could give the DS skeletons the same stats, but since they are armoured they defend with white shields. Something like that.

Re: Monster Stats

PostPosted: July 7th, 2009, 2:55 am
by jonu5123
i made some stats for DS to HQ characters awhile back. It is probably way beyond what you want since my game rules are different. But here is some examples:

Orc (i used the DS version as an ORC archer since it looks different than HQ version)
MOVE:10 ATTACK:(4) 3 DEFEND: 3 BODY:4 MIND:3

Ranged Attack/Melee Attack - Orc Archers usually like to attack from a distance with its crossbow for 4 Combat dice. It can switch weapons to its sword rolling 3 Combat dice when attacking adjacent targets.

Troll: Trolls are hideous humanoid creatures that can regenerate lost limbs and body parts.
Pre Combat Adjustments
Regeneration – When a Troll is first encountered Zargon will use the first row of stats listed. When a Troll is first brought down to zero or less Body Points, it is not yet killed. After a full round has passed, on Zargon’s next turn, the Troll pieces itself back together and is once again added to the game board, now using its second row of stats. Once it is brought back down to zero Body points again, it is destroyed. If a Troll is brought down to 0 Body Points in the first round with fire it will not come back a second time.
Special Attacks
Multiple Attack/Double Damage – Trolls can attack twice per turn inflicting up to 3 extra Body Points of double damage on a successful hit with each attack when on its first row of stats.
Diagonal Attack – Trolls can attack diagonally.
Special Abilities
Regeneration - Trolls regenerate 1 Body point on each of Zargon’s turns.
Immunities
-Trolls take double damage from all Fire spells and attacks. Trolls, however, are immune to Poison and Cold spells and attacks.


ANYWAY, those were my ideas. Actually, there was more involved with these stats, but i took some stuff out to avoid confuison. For instance, i had each trolls attack cause extra damage if hit. But thats uneccesary for the basic game.

Re: Monster Stats

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 5:22 am
by Ethica
An old thread but something I wanted to contribute to.

These are the stats I use. Heroquest, advanced heroquest, Dragonstrike, Legend of Zagor and Darkworld miniatures used.