Page 1 of 1

Custom Quests; Do You Make and/or play them?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 12:23 pm
by drathe
I know many of us don't get as much game time as we'd like to, so many of us tend to stick to the official quests and never get around to playing fan made quests. Yet several of us still make them anyway. It's part of our hobby, just like painting miniatures is for many of us. It's not like I'm going to stop making custom quests depending on the replies in this thread, but I am curious.

Do you make your own Quests?

&

Do you play other people's Quests?

My answer is yes on both, although I don't get to many of other people's quests due to time and the sheer number of official quests and quests that I've made, but there are a number of fan quests that I save for when my group would like a change from the norm.

Re: Custom Quests; Do You Make and/or play them?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 8:13 pm
by Phoenix
Where is the option "I love HeroQuest so much, I make Quests for others."

Re: Custom Quests; Do You Make and/or play them?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 8:23 pm
by drathe
Right there at the bottom! What are you, blind!? :D

I guess we're going to need a re-count now that I've changed the poll. Sorry, I didn't know it was going to reset the votes. Good thing there was only a few so far. :roll:

Re: Custom Quests; Do You Make and/or play them?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2009, 8:54 am
by zep
I've played homebrew quests and made some as well. Of course the ones I made were never fully complete and have since been lost, hence the reason I've never shared any of them.

Re: Custom Quests; Do You Make and/or play them?

PostPosted: October 14th, 2009, 4:14 am
by torilen
Honestly, I have to agree with the person a few posts ago - I love the game so much, I make quests for others.
At least - I would if I knew anyone who played. I've been going around on rpg forums lately trying to find people
who will play-by-post or by email or whatever.

In my opinion, though - with any game system - learn the system, and then make your own quests/adventures/
modifications. Its the only way to get into a system so much that you love it - and loving it is the only way to
enjoy it