HQ Custom Quest Survey
I've got about half a half dozen campaigns I could clean up now that I think I'm done with WAAAGH! I'm trying to prioritize and figure out what will have the most value to members here. I know there is a pretty wide range of experience and tastes, so I wanted to see if I could get a sense of where to best spend my limited HQ time.
Part I Basic Demographics
1) I have played HeroQuest (pick one):
A- 20+ years
B- 10+ years
C- 5+ years
D- 2-5 years
E- 1-2 years
F- Less than a year
G- I've never actually played
2) I play under the rules for (choose 1):
A - US
B - EU
2b) I have played the following (choose all that apply)
A - Warhammer Quest
B - Warhammer Fantasy Battles
C - Warhammer RPG
D - Advanced Hero's Quest
E - Dragonstrike
F - Other Role Playing Games
G - Other Fantasy Style Board Games (ie. Talisman, Dungeon)
3) I own miniatures/rules from the following (choose all that apply)
A - Warhammer Quest
B - Warhammer Fantasy Battles
C - Warhammer RPG
D - Advanced Hero's Quest
E - Dragonstrike
Part II Miniatures and Monsters:
4) Which of the following most describes your preference for minitures used in a quest:
A - I prefer quests only using minituares/creatures available in the original boxed set.
B - I prefer quests only using miniatures/creatures available in the full line of official HeroQuest miniatures.
C - I prefer quests using miniautures/creatures appropriate to the full Warhammer universe.
D - I prefer quests including whatever miniatures/monsters the writer deems appropriate.
5) I feel that the official monsters from HeroQuest (pick 1)
A - Are perfectly designed and shouldn't be changed.
B - Have flaws, but shouldn't be changed
C - Can be improved with small changes and special rules
D - Should be tossed aside and redone
6) For monster selection on a quest (choose all that are appropriate:
A - I don't mind seemingly random monsters appearing together on a quest
B - I like the monsters to be themed.
C - I like the storyline to tell me why types of monsters appear on a quest.
D - I like to have variations of similar monsters with different weapons and abilities.
Part III - Boards and Tiles
7) I prefer to use tiles and furniture (choose 1):
A) Only available in the base game (no custom rooms)
B) Only if it's available in official HQ expansions
C) If it's from HQ or similar game systems.
D) If it's available for download from this site.
E) Only if it's from official sets or included with the module.
8) My preference for custom tiles is (choose all appropriate):
A) Don't use them. Just use the board.
B) Using custom 2D layover tiles on the board is OK.
C) Using non-HQ boards and maps is OK.
D) Using more freeform maps without a grid is ok.
E) Using 3D terrain or dungeons is ok.
Special Rules:
9) The level of special rules I like to see in a quest (choose 1):
A - Is none. Leave them out and keep things as simple as possible.
B - Very limited. One special rule in a quest helps it stand apart.
C - Moderate - I like to incorporate a special rules on a quest.
D - Heavy - I like quests that bring in lots of special situations and rules.
10) For the game system, I'd like to include special rules for (choose all that apply):
A - Character Advancement
B - New Skills and abilities
C - New Magic System
D - Expanded shopping options for weapons, armor, and other items
E - New Hero Types
F - New Monster Types
Quests and Story:
11) I prefer custom quests to come as (choose 1):
A - Single Quests
B - Mini-campaigns of 3-6 quests telling a single story.
C - Full campaigns of 10 or more quests with a storyline.
12) My likes (Choose all that apply):
A - The storylines unfolding with quests are an important part of my HQ experience.
B - I like HQ to be connected to the Warhammer Universe (locations, monster races, etc)
C - I like HQ storylines connected to Warhammer storylines
D - I like to include puzzles to solve in quests
E - I like to include roleplaying and character interaction in HQ games.
F - It's important to me that a quest or quest pack tell me how difficult it is.
Part I Basic Demographics
1) I have played HeroQuest (pick one):
A- 20+ years
B- 10+ years
C- 5+ years
D- 2-5 years
E- 1-2 years
F- Less than a year
G- I've never actually played
2) I play under the rules for (choose 1):
A - US
B - EU
2b) I have played the following (choose all that apply)
A - Warhammer Quest
B - Warhammer Fantasy Battles
C - Warhammer RPG
D - Advanced Hero's Quest
E - Dragonstrike
F - Other Role Playing Games
G - Other Fantasy Style Board Games (ie. Talisman, Dungeon)
3) I own miniatures/rules from the following (choose all that apply)
A - Warhammer Quest
B - Warhammer Fantasy Battles
C - Warhammer RPG
D - Advanced Hero's Quest
E - Dragonstrike
Part II Miniatures and Monsters:
4) Which of the following most describes your preference for minitures used in a quest:
A - I prefer quests only using minituares/creatures available in the original boxed set.
B - I prefer quests only using miniatures/creatures available in the full line of official HeroQuest miniatures.
C - I prefer quests using miniautures/creatures appropriate to the full Warhammer universe.
D - I prefer quests including whatever miniatures/monsters the writer deems appropriate.
5) I feel that the official monsters from HeroQuest (pick 1)
A - Are perfectly designed and shouldn't be changed.
B - Have flaws, but shouldn't be changed
C - Can be improved with small changes and special rules
D - Should be tossed aside and redone
6) For monster selection on a quest (choose all that are appropriate:
A - I don't mind seemingly random monsters appearing together on a quest
B - I like the monsters to be themed.
C - I like the storyline to tell me why types of monsters appear on a quest.
D - I like to have variations of similar monsters with different weapons and abilities.
Part III - Boards and Tiles
7) I prefer to use tiles and furniture (choose 1):
A) Only available in the base game (no custom rooms)
B) Only if it's available in official HQ expansions
C) If it's from HQ or similar game systems.
D) If it's available for download from this site.
E) Only if it's from official sets or included with the module.
8) My preference for custom tiles is (choose all appropriate):
A) Don't use them. Just use the board.
B) Using custom 2D layover tiles on the board is OK.
C) Using non-HQ boards and maps is OK.
D) Using more freeform maps without a grid is ok.
E) Using 3D terrain or dungeons is ok.
Special Rules:
9) The level of special rules I like to see in a quest (choose 1):
A - Is none. Leave them out and keep things as simple as possible.
B - Very limited. One special rule in a quest helps it stand apart.
C - Moderate - I like to incorporate a special rules on a quest.
D - Heavy - I like quests that bring in lots of special situations and rules.
10) For the game system, I'd like to include special rules for (choose all that apply):
A - Character Advancement
B - New Skills and abilities
C - New Magic System
D - Expanded shopping options for weapons, armor, and other items
E - New Hero Types
F - New Monster Types
Quests and Story:
11) I prefer custom quests to come as (choose 1):
A - Single Quests
B - Mini-campaigns of 3-6 quests telling a single story.
C - Full campaigns of 10 or more quests with a storyline.
12) My likes (Choose all that apply):
A - The storylines unfolding with quests are an important part of my HQ experience.
B - I like HQ to be connected to the Warhammer Universe (locations, monster races, etc)
C - I like HQ storylines connected to Warhammer storylines
D - I like to include puzzles to solve in quests
E - I like to include roleplaying and character interaction in HQ games.
F - It's important to me that a quest or quest pack tell me how difficult it is.