Page 1 of 1

Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
by Daria
Finished a small project this afternoon, my HQ Gargoyle was previously dismembered by my father when he franken-creatured the manticore from DarkWorld. Even more appalling when you consider both figures were mine. But seeing as how he's not giving them back I constructed a decent fix by gluing "open harpy wings" to a greenstuff molded base. The only downside is that the replacement wings are smaller than the originals. However, on plus side my gargoyle is much more stable and doesn't fall over.

Pictures:
Image
Image

Turned out to be an attractive looking solution that I thought others may benefit from, as I imagine wings sometimes get lost (or stolen!). :gargoyle:

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 2:58 pm
by knightkrawler
That thing actually looks better, now.
As a stone statue he's not supposed to fly anyway...

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 6:45 pm
by el_flesh
did BAD daddy introduce you to fantasy gaming?

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 2:42 pm
by Daedalus
Nice conversion--way to save a figure. And the back looks way better, too.

It would be more work, but I bet you could extend those wings out another "finger" section. May or may not need to pin the last "finger" in as an armature. Then add the epoxy wing, building up over the original wing edge a bit to de-emphasize it as an inner joint. Easy for me to suggest...a pain for you to do. You'd have to want the bigger size enough to justify the work. Regardless, nice to know a wingless Gargoyle can be saved.

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 8:48 pm
by Nephew of Mentor
Well done. I need a similar solution for my Dragon strike Dragon, or I should just get another dragon strike mini set. Also, good to know that there are at least a few folk on this site my own age. I am so curious what age group the majority of the members occupy.