Page 1 of 2

Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 4:46 pm
by Pugahla_272
Hello everyone,

just wandering where people get pictures from, to make spell and equiment and stuff.
Because I have an idea for a new set of spells for the wizard or elf. I just want to finish them before I put them on Ye Olde Inn.

Thanks

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 5:17 pm
by ken
Pugahla_272 wrote:Hello everyone,

just wandering where people get pictures from, to make spell and equiment and stuff.
Because I have an idea for a new set of spells for the wizard or elf. I just want to finish them before I put them on Ye Olde Inn.

Thanks


Well, I 'm no expert, but I just Google the subject the spell or thing I want info on, then add pictures, and go through the results till I find something I like. :mrgreen:

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 7th, 2012, 10:02 am
by Ethica
I also try DeviantArt. You have to wade through hundreds of trash nonsense, but you ge to some good stuff with perseverance.

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 7th, 2012, 4:15 pm
by Pugahla_272
Can you put a link because i don't know if I am looking in the right place.

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 1:06 pm
by Sjeng
well, google has a search images option that you probably know of, and http://www.deviantart.com is simply a place for artists to post their work.

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 4:52 am
by Goblin-King
I draw stuff I need myself :D
I try to draw in a style that reminds somewhat of HQ:

Image
Image
Image

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 12:00 pm
by Sjeng
oh, my Goddess! you drew that!? that's amazing man!! Draw more MORE!!

really, I want to see ALL your work now.

you wouldn't happen to have a picture of a longsword and a greatsword, would you? and perhaps something I could use as a backdrop for other images.

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 2:05 pm
by drathe
Goblin-King wrote:I draw stuff I need myself :D
I try to draw in a style that reminds somewhat of HQ:

Image
Image
Image

Fantastic! Looks like lost art from unreleased quest packs. I'd enjoy seeing more. I may have to commission you for some images when I complete future projects. ;)

If you would like to make these images available to everyone here, you may upload them to the Gallery's Card Art section.

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 2:19 pm
by ken
Thanks drathe, took a look, and found a Summon Zombie pic for my Goblin Shaman's spells

Re: Pictures for New Cards

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 4:46 am
by Goblin-King
Sjeng wrote:oh, my Goddess! you drew that!? that's amazing man!! Draw more MORE!!

really, I want to see ALL your work now.

you wouldn't happen to have a picture of a longsword and a greatsword, would you? and perhaps something I could use as a backdrop for other images.


Thanks - The drawings are from a game I'm developing (Aren't we all? Seriously? Aren't we?!) - You can see the complete list here: http://blastzone.dk/index.php?p=darkdescent&dir=9
My friend and co-developer drew half of them (cause I'm not drawing 150 pictures all by myself!) so the quality varies a little.

Feel free to use them for private projects.

drathe wrote:Fantastic! Looks like lost art from unreleased quest packs. I'd enjoy seeing more. I may have to commission you for some images when I complete future projects. ;)

If you would like to make these images available to everyone here, you may upload them to the Gallery's Card Art section.

I've given the link to the complete list, but if anyone has the time to put them into Ye Olde Inn's gallery, they'd be welcome to do so.

Also feel free to commision me ;)