Page 1 of 2

Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 1:08 pm
by Pugahla_272
In the British version of the game we havn't found any reason to use mind points. Is this just for the British version or both US and UK. I heard somewhere that the US version of the game used mind points a lot more than in the UK version. If you run out of mind points, do you get knocked out??? Is there any potion that you can use/take to increase your mind points by 4/2points?????? :D

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 2:32 pm
by cynthialee
In some of the expansion quests the mind points are important.

For my games I require Heroes to use Mind to find some hidden things. Like secret passages and doors. I require the Heroes to roll thier Mind Points as Combat dice looking for a Black shield to find them. So the smarter the Character, the more likely they are to find such stuff.
Also, whenever there is a trap near a treasure chest, I consider the trap to be well constructed and hidden. These traps will also require a roll with combat dice bassed on Mind to find them.

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 3:42 pm
by Von Necron
Not much mind point action from my point of view either. I try to make spells both for Hero's and villians that use mind points more.

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 4:03 pm
by cynthialee
Just had this idea...

Alter healing spells so that the caster rolls thier Mind Points in combat dice. Each White Shield rolled heals one hit point of damage.
Less powerful spells may require a black shield to net a healing point.

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 5:16 pm
by torilen
cyntia - I would say this instead - have a minimum amount of healing - say 2 points of healing - and then roll
the dice for Mind Points for an additional healing. The caster would be kind of pissed if they cast a healing
spell and got nothing to show for it, yeah?

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 5:24 pm
by cynthialee
I had considered that but if a crit is rolled more than one time in a game session it could mess up balance.
Perhaps say that the spell will heal a minimum of 1 point regardless of the roll?

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 6:17 pm
by Ethica
I think more spells and magical weapons could reduce mind points. There also needs to be mind point healing potions available. I like the roll dice to heal idea. I wouldn't have a garaunteed amount though.

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 7:36 pm
by Von Necron
Because of this thread I'm going to make a quest where the majority of monsters are magic missile casting acolytes. The Hero's will have to defend with the amount of mind points to protect there body points.

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 7:44 pm
by cynthialee
Wow cool....The Barbarian is hosed.
:P

Re: Mind Points

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm
by Von Necron
Well two barbaric Hero's actually. A chaos marauder and a chaos warrior. They are the Hero's and they will be getting hosed