• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Harry does dungeon tiles.

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Anderas » February 14th, 2016, 2:58 am

These are really great! Reminds me of a project i've once seen...by Goatmoerser here... he was even gluing all the little bones to the tiles. I like those projects a lot!


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Great work Harry. Love that sewer piece.
That Witch Lord room of yours is one i will come back to copy for my 3d hirst arts board, if you dont mind.

Help your self ... I stole all the inspiration from other folks work so you crack on. :D

Anderas wrote:These are really great! Reminds me of a project i've once seen...by Goatmoerser here... he was even gluing all the little bones to the tiles. I like those projects a lot!
... Iove his tiles. One of th best out there.

I have not got to the bones yet ... that's still part of the plan. :D


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Set up some of the stuff I have painted for a couple of photos ...

Image

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Soooo ...where next?

Next I had a crack at the fighting pit. I have seen various clever ways capturing the fore shortening and keeping the tile to a shallow depth .... in the end I just decided to build it with some real depth .....

Image

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 7:40 pm

So where next?

Well I have been thinking a lot about the entrance to the dungeon and considering building a cave mouth with a a cave on the inside and an outside/wilderness area so the adventure could begin ouside the dungeon ....

But then I thought of these .... (Currently the backdrop to my Frostgarave scenery)

Image

Image

I had already had the idea of passing from the outside to the 'undercity' by passing through these pieces with my split table set up for frostgrave ....

"I imagine a set up where the players can literally choose to enter the mountain and then reappear on the other side of the table having passed through one of the entrances modelled on to this piece. I will need to do a bit of work to the back of the mountain to show the interior and make all the doors and caves lead somewhere on the other side .... But that is the plan."

Image

Image

I spent some time trying to work out of I could use these pieces as they were ... but in the end I decided there was nothing for it but to bite the bullet and rip them off their existing bases and stick them onto a strpfoam base. The reason for doing this is to put the grid on the board .... then I can do the same trick with the sand .... paint it white again but have the grid showing through so I can use it for Quest as well as Frostgrave. Added a bit more space so there is plenty of room for a ruck ouside. :D I can still use my Frostgrave scenery bits to change the outside space .... more on that later.

Image

I went for these rather than just build a simple cave mouth because I liked the idea of multiple entrances .... The adventurers can choose how to enter this 'dungeon'. Through the obvious cave mouth? Or will they use their rope and climb to the inviting ledge above ....

Image

....  or will they find the secret way behind the frozen falls .... or perhapes the enigmatic door. I have built into it. :D
There are six different ways to pass through these cliffs and into the dungeon. :D

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 8:00 pm

What about the inside?

Well obviously I had to actually cut all the holes through the piece and model the steps. :roll: Kill me now.

Image

... and then I made this .....

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Gold Bearer » February 15th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Harry wrote:I went for these rather than just build a simple cave mouth because I liked the idea of multiple entrances ....
....  or will they find the secret way behind the frozen falls .... or perhapes the enigmatic door. I have built into it. :D
There are six different ways to pass through these cliffs and into the dungeon. :D
:) Awesome! |_P
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm

So what next?

Stairs .... I was going to need stairs to get to the upper doors ....
So first I copied the Warhammer Quest tile .... and then I made some more to match but in different heights.

Image

Image

Image

BOOM!

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby Harry » February 15th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Next up .... doors.

So you know those were not just random door shapes ...right?
That's right .... they were made to fit these old Scotia Grendel doors I have from before the time of Atlantis ...

Image

Image

Interchangeable and of course these doors do not need to fill a hole ... I can have a door anywhere ... just sit it on the surface.

Image

Image

Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Harry
Does

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does dungeon tiles.

Postby clmckay » February 15th, 2016, 8:40 pm

There's nothing to say but "Oh my god! Beautiful!"


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests