I'm gonna miss her as well--what an entrance! Your co-director will no doubt be missed as well if you continue on (and I hope you do). Great satire--I'm looking forward to more. I don't mind that the script occassionally expands beyond the board and into the relationships. For me, that is where the heart of this lies. The odd takes on how different characters relate between themselves within the structure of the game, how they break down that structure, and how the outside world interfers is working for me. Yeah, I'd like to see more of the in-game jokes, but everything presented thus far has a place in the wider world of Questing, I think.
On another note, the vulgarity issue reminds me of when I first discovered the Old Scratch Forum years back while learning about mold-making. Beforehand, I had been reading posts in a molding thread on an Italian Hero Quest site. Loads and loads of compliments with exclamations there, more than I had ever seen. In my limited experience, I felt uncomfortable with what seemed to me was an effusive level of camraderie. Then someone posted about the Americans and thier molding (more compliments), but he was dismayed at the vulgar and aggressive language commonly used on their site. Somebody familiar with the Old Scratch site reassured him that was just how the Americans expressed themselves on that forum--it was cultural. Maybe that is what is going on here, as far as the language goes. Many Americans take the freedom-of-speech thing wherever they please, and feel that is the natural way adults express themselves. After all, as anyone who has studied the language of America knows, English is a bitch.
