by TheLastChaosWarrior » July 22nd, 2022, 1:19 pm
Here is a curved ball!
On my Atari ST I had a game called Ranarama. It was a dungeon crawler where you played the part of a Prince who had been turned into a Frog!!
You had to hunt down the enemy Warlocks, kill them in a rune battle, collect their runes, which allowed you to cast spells, and advance to the next level.
I know, I know, but bare with me!!
In it you explored the dungeon, it was a top down effort and each room was revealed as you entered it, and there was a good variety of monsters. They started weak but got stronger as you progressed. Dwarf, Fire Golum, Bisect (like a Fimir), Guardian (Chaos Warrior), Ghost, Snake, Arachnid, and Gargoyle!!!
You got to cast different spells, for ranged attack, defense, power and effect. Sound familiar????
Anyway, there was a cool effect effect spell which allowed you to view the map and it would show you where the Warlocks were hiding. There was also one which let you search for secret doors!!!!!!!!!
I loved that game, and me and my 7yo son now watch people playing it on YouTube of all things!!!