• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Know I've seen it in here

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Count Mohawk » March 18th, 2016, 10:45 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I used it in one pbp game. I think I only used one or two combined spells because I didn't want to go through all my spells at once. I can't remember what ones I used or how effective they were. That was with a hero that was designed for these spells. Storm Wizard: All four element spells, 3BP/7MP, moves with the lowest two of three dice. That gives six combined spells or four fully merged spells, or combinations including standard spells of course.

Ah, I see. With only 12 spells available for a whole Quest, it's going to be very difficult to justify blowing two or three at once if the resulting effect isn't suitably splashy. Say you march into a couple of rooms full of Orcs and blow them to pieces with two fully merged spells. That's half your arsenal right there! Once the Storm Wizard from your above post expends his hand, he's even weaker than a normal Wizard with only 3 BP. In a system with limited magic, Wizards need powerful spells to keep up with the other Heroes.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 696
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Location: New England, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby mitchiemasha » March 18th, 2016, 11:36 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I'm obviously going to do them how I want them to be.


So you've never had an idea, discussed that idea on here, then changed the idea as after the discussion it improved your idea? Is your original idea the best possible version that idea could be, by default? It's pointless having a discussion about it then!!! Which is why I said it's not very community spirit. I come here to talk about ideas, different ways to implement them and how they'd change the game. That's why I said it good to be talking about an idea again, brings it back to the table. Like your Warhammer spell set, I still haven't got round to fully checking them over but no doubt in 3 or 4 months possibly even a year, it will happen, when they become focus again.

I was never a fan of "oh look what I've made" ... "oh yeah that's good" ... END!!! A lot of people only seek that but to be honest it's $#!^ much better to have, "oh yeah that's good but how about" and "did you think of", "what if". An idea is so much better when it grows, especially when shared.

As for the standardised. Yes there will be slight variants but as mentioned earlier, if some one want's to play a certain mod, it will have a roughly similar feel to it. The main variations will be due to that version of the mod fitting with other mechanics in that persons game. For instance, with this mod (spell combining), people have different takes on 'no more monster visible' as we've discussed else where. Some will play it like the UK edition others will play it where it only works on 1 attack. The version on the table I've made is for those who play each combat whilst visible where as your original thread it's for those who play it for 1.

So there's a standardisation but with differences. With my Zombicide write up, it included variants of the mods. They can easily be wrote in.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on March 18th, 2016, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 18th, 2016, 11:58 am

mitchiemasha wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I'm obviously going to do them how I want them to be.
So you've never had an idea, discussed that idea on here, then changed the idea as after the discussion it improved your idea?
Yes of course I have. The point is that, in the end I'm going to go with what I want them to be but that doesn't prevent you or others from altering them to your tastes. Having more than one effect for example, I don't want that because it's not as simple and it defeats the vision, combined spell = one spell effect that combines the flavour (but not necessary the actual effects) of the two spells that make a brand new spell that has just one effect. The three spell ones will be an exception (tempest effect for typhoon and possibly blast open the doors in that room/corridor and sleep/unconsciousness for monsoon).

mitchiemasha wrote:Is your original idea the best possible version that idea could be, by default?
No, MickyG pointed out the regeneration was severely underpowered, so is ethereal and the three in one spells need changing.

mitchiemasha wrote:It's pointless having a discussion about it then!!! Which is why I said it's not very community spirit. I come here to talk about ideas, different ways to implement them and how they'd change the game. That's why I said it good to be talking about an idea again, brings it back to the table. Like your Warhammer spell set, I still haven't got round to fully checking them over but no doubt in 3 or 4 months possibly even a year, it will happen, when they become focus again.

I was never a fan of "oh look what I've made" ... "oh yeah that's good" ... END!!! A lot of people only seek that but to be honest it's $#!^ much better to have, "oh yeah that's good but how about" and "did you think of", "what if". An idea is so much better when it grows, especially when shared.
I agree, I think you might have missed my point.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby mitchiemasha » March 18th, 2016, 12:19 pm

I think I did, lol. I kept getting the impression you weren't interested in ideas anymore, expanding the ideas. As I look back, clearly you're opening the book again.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby StratosVX » March 18th, 2016, 12:37 pm

Goldbearer, would you please stop with the rage posts? They add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Just like the fight with El Flesh, I'm sure nobody on here wants to read them.

Mad Micky G, I definitely want to see that Village of Chaos quest when you're done with it. Keep us posted on it.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 18th, 2016, 12:47 pm

StratosVX wrote:Goldbearer, would you please stop with the rage posts? They add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Just like the fight with El Flesh, I'm sure nobody on here wants to read them.
I have, and will happily continue to do so for as long as Anderas either sods off and stays sodded off or he stops being such a complete dick!
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Anderas » March 19th, 2016, 3:01 am

So you keep being friendly as long as i don't post do i read you right here?
really GB, it just means you keep writing hate posts because i for sure keep posting where it interests me. :lol:


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Gold Bearer » March 19th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Updated them. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2454

Anderas wrote:So you keep being friendly as long as i don't post do i read you right here?
Or until you stop being a complete dick by trying to find fault with anything I create even where non exists for the sake of your personal vendetta against me. Think you can manage that?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby MadMickyG » March 19th, 2016, 7:26 pm

StratosVX, I will put to Heroscribe the map and basic rule I had for the village of chaos quest.
Just be aware, I have extra chaos warriors.
Also, I used my big outdoor area to lead on to the normal map.
We had chaos archers manning walls, so we had to find a way to get in first and foremost.
Although I was making most of it up as I went (I do that when kids don't want to do regular quests). I do have a general outlay to it.
And would have been our first encounter with a Chaos Fury. Even worse now as they have the Chaos Power ability.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Know I've seen it in here

Postby Anderas » March 20th, 2016, 2:28 am

Sorry Mickey! I already discussed the behavior of GB with him in private, but that doesn't seem to help. So i do it once and for all here in the open. For your topic about your combination spells, i think i said everything i wanted to say.



Gold Bearer, as far as i remember did i start a private discussion with you to convince you that i don't have a vendetta against you, and to show you some arguments and tried to explain. It was not long ago that i stopped explaining because all that it earned me was that it ignited further trolling. After I stopped, you said you would troll me because i don't explain.

And all of that just because i told you: YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR GAME: I DONT CARE!
but i told you as well, that i want to have it NOT IN MY PBP GAME, and we were talking about my currently running PBP game here.

That was the starting point for all this trolling. If you think that this is a vendetta then i can't help you.
I can just tell you that I don't have a vendetta against you, but as you won't believe me, you will certainly ignite another round of trolling now. This is why i normally say nothing at all about your attacks.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests