lestodante wrote:So I think the best way to release a new version of Heroquest should be : leave the game as it is now, correcting the few mistakes (short sword card for example), including a new bestiary table (or cards) featuring easy mode (EUR bestiary with 1 BP for each monster) and hard mode (USA bestiary with multiple BP), a new rulebook featuring advanced and optional rules (use of special dice with different faces, new way to search traps and more), including the Chaos Spells cards for the villains, new cards featuring also extra (balanced) equipment, artifacts, treasures, few extra miniatures for Sir Manfred, Witch Lord and other villains or NPC. A separate modular board could also be available separately. All the artworks should remain the same and the new ones must be compatible with the old one. They should also re-release all the expansion packs adding a new sprue of figures like Skulmar and Kessandria and the extra artifact cards but at the same time they should put on the market brand new questpacks that we could buy to expand the game with new quality miniatures, tiles and cards.
That is, in my opinion, the best and only way to release a new version of HeroQuest.
I love this! That's exactly the way to do it.
j_dean80 wrote:I would be fine with new official expansion packs being released. Leave the original nostalgic game alone. The expansions should come with classic style Citadel miniatures (no more gluing arms and heads on). I like some of the newer models released but come on...can't I just get one that is ready to play without spending an hour or so gluing it together?
Also this! See if they can get some of the classic modelers to do some of the new minis so they match the Oldhammer style.
I don't play Warhammer, so I've only read about AoS, but I hate that they ditched the Warhammer Fantasy world and replaced it with this weird new thing. I mean, I'm glad people are happy with it and it must sell or they wouldn't have done it, but I feel like there was a real charm to the classic world and it had a unique feel that I haven't seen elsewhere. HeroQuest has a bit of this feel, but converting it to AoS would absolutely kill what made HeroQuest great. A new version in a classic fantasy setting would also probably fail (as seen with the HQ20) since part of the love is rooted in nostalgia, but removing that setting altogether just seems unconscionable.































