aaronAGN wrote:I didn't know that the four player characters at one point had names.
Apparently according to the original promotional materials the four adventurers had names.
Toran the Barbarian
Gorlin the Dwarf
Eldoral the Elf
Gelrrick the Wizard
I'm betting the vast majority of you already knew this.
But it's brand new information to me.
Do any of you use the names when playing the game?
Fascinating, and I honestly hadn't noticed that before, thanks for sharing!
According to Legacy of Sorasil (the Hero Quest II pc game released several years later) the names are:
Barbarian = Angor
Dwarf = Grimbeard
Elf / Adventurer = Stormbow
Wizard = Ravenslock
(new heroes were also introduced:)
Paladin = Haxar
Mystic = Celeste
Cleric = Calorflame
Ranger = Oakheart
Suggested sample names from the Premiere (1st) and 2nd edition EU instruction manuals (featured on this site):
Barbarian = Sigmar
Dwarf = Grugni (I misread that at first as "Grungi")
Elf = Ladril
Wizard = Zoltan
Marvel Winter Special names:
Barbarian - Zull
Dwarf - Strom
Elf - Galadrus
Wizard = Akron
See what I mean about
multiple continuities?
You could of course say these were traveling names or aliases (a la, Conan, Gandalf, etc) or really just that dedication to the fact that the game is open-ended and customizable, not a fixed thing.
So of course we give them whatever names we want. Generally when we played the names were either from named characters from already established fiction (Conan, Merlin, Thorin, Lancelot, etc) or jokes, puns, etc. If I just had to come up with some randomly right now it would be:
Barbara Ann the Barbarian
Du Worf (I liked your idea) the Dwarf
El Fif the Elf
Wei Zard the Wizard
My suggestions for the 2021 Heroes:
Barthbog: the Orc Bard (actually a former Pirate turned Cleric!)
Fonda Simmons: the Druid (nobody knew who she was, or what she was doing...)
Stardust Pixikill: the Warlock (actually a Ranger!)