• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby Jackyboy » November 28th, 2013, 7:47 am

Having just got my copies back from a friend whom I lent them too years ago! I will say NO WAY! Although he would never intentially harm the games, he couldn't find them for ages, they were in his loft. I'm sure some things were missing and in less of a condition than when I gave them to him. The only plus is he is now giving me all his old board games, ADHQ, Dungeons and Dragons board game etc

Now I have them back in my possession and am firmly getting my arse back into the action! These games are never leaving my side, I will be teaching my son how to play them as soon as he is old enough and these will be a keep sake for him when I am gone. I want to make my collection as full as possible with custom expansions and all sorts! NOT to be lent out for any reason! :lol:
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 4
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby Sjeng » November 28th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Man, I wish someone in my circle of friends had that many games and wanted to part with them. :( lucky you!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby soppathekeitto » November 28th, 2013, 5:03 pm

i say no to my sister and brother ( even that my brother got this HQ present. ) i still say NO :twisted:
and i hav allways got this policy if you broke some thing my own (if you cannot pay for it ) then i broke some thing that you own.

Like 16 years a go my friend lended 3 VHS tape 2 where totally broken by theyr dog. I told him pay up if not i broke something that you own (vhs i mean)
or like my brother broke my book Belgaraht i was so pisst off that i broke his favored book Dragonlance.
Morcar 14 charater killed Character 0 survived the TrialAmatsoni 4 (Quest) survived
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10430133/
User avatar
soppathekeitto

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 55
Images: 2
Joined: November 17th, 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Language: Suomi
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 3rd, 2013, 5:54 pm

UPDATE: I lent my friend a basic copy of the Game System, and could not be happier! He designed a really exciting quest, giving me not only the opportunity to be on the other side of the Evil Wizard screen, but to be inspired! He used traps in a fun way, while I had always avoided them for fear of them not working out or being annoying. It was refreshing to play a quest a remember what matters when you're dungeon crawling with friends.

I think I may buy him his own copy of HQ for his birthday :)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » December 3rd, 2013, 8:51 pm

Sweet, always would maybe, lend to someone I know that also loves the game, but anyone else. It remains under lock and key at all times! :P I have to watch my wee cat and dog from time to time when I have everything out, they just seem to think the miniatures are food!! :( A friend I was introduced to a wee while ago recently told me he had a core set, and not long ago gave it away! Mini heart attack! Hahaha.. mostly everyone just gets to see the pictures and posts of whatever I do with Hero Quest. Im evil.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 389
Images: 2
Joined: May 8th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Location: Scotland. UK.
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby bastianbux » January 10th, 2014, 7:33 pm

When I moved away for college 15 years ago, I left some stuff at a friend's house--my copy of HeroQuest being one of them, along with Keller's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord expansion packs. Unfortunately when he moved out the following year, he moved into a sketchy roommate situation and had to leave on the spur of a moment... and left half of his stuff behind, including all my HeroQuest stuff, along with his own copy. That's why about a year ago I decided I needed to finally buy a new (to me) copy.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 222
Joined: February 9th, 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby mako-heart » January 10th, 2014, 10:16 pm

soppathekeitto wrote:i say no to my sister and brother ( even that my brother got this HQ present. ) i still say NO :twisted:
and i hav allways got this policy if you broke some thing my own (if you cannot pay for it ) then i broke some thing that you own.

Like 16 years a go my friend lended 3 VHS tape 2 where totally broken by theyr dog. I told him pay up if not i broke something that you own (vhs i mean)
or like my brother broke my book Belgaraht i was so pisst off that i broke his favored book Dragonlance.

TRASHING DRAGONLANCE too far.. :lol: Your just like Caramon and Raistlin. I won't lend my set to anyone for love or money ! I would just bring it and play it. If you want to barrow the game system too bad. Save up and buy one you will love it and treat it like a family heirloom. :2cents:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 444
Images: 15
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: Elk river, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby chaoticprime » January 10th, 2014, 10:18 pm

I like collecting more than hoarding. If all my *lemony goodness* gets lost or stolen, I get to collect it over again. Its about the journey.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby Blackthorn » January 11th, 2014, 12:12 am

I wouldn't lend out my copy of HeroQuest, or any of my games with lots of cards and small pieces...except maybe Monopoly ;)

Even when I play HeroQuest with my friends I worry a bit about pieces getting damaged, especially since some of the players are young and the cost of this game and it's components keep going up in price. Sometimes I look at my HeroQuest collection (the base game and all four US expansions) and am in disbelief when I think of what it would cost to replace.

That being said, I'm quite glad it's still getting used. It was meant to be played, just like my collectible guitars, basses and ukuleles.
Fear the chinkle!


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 372
Images: 2
Joined: September 14th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Location: Florida
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Would you lend out your copy of HQ to a friend?

Postby Sjeng » January 11th, 2014, 3:53 am

Blackthorn wrote:my collectible ukuleles.


meme-cerealspit.jpg
meme-disbelief.jpg
meme-lol.jpg
meme-davinci.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests