5urieal wrote:Hey guys I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here. I have had great success using the product above 'Simple Green' it doesn't smell to bad, in fact my wife kind of liked the peppermint sent, and it doesn't hurt miniatures at all. I bought a full warhammer army of dwarfs ant they were not painted the best, I just placed them in a bucket and covered them with simple green and after a day or two they were all clean. it is also a plus that I ran the extra through a coffee filter and have been using the same bottle of cleaner for like 2 years.
Simple Green and pine-sol work at about the exact same effectiveness on metals. Neither works that well on plastics, however. Particularly plastics that had been primed.
The best thing to remove paint from anything, are products designed to do exactly that. The only reasons ever to use Simple Green or Pine Sol, is that they are safe, simple, and easy to use. You don't even have to wash your hands. However, if you want to strip off any paint practically immediately, while wearing hand and eye protection, this is your product:
http://www.micromark.com/easy-lift-off- ... ,7270.htmlPretty much any plastic-safe paint remover will do the job, but you seriously cannot mess around when it comes to using them. I realize most people here are adults, and know how to survive the basic tenets of existence by this point--but humor my pedagogy, anyway. The only times you ever need to be careful, is when you simply are not safe. If you're up to stripping dozens of minis while having to take your time, go for it. If you just want *lemony goodness* done (like not waiting overnight for Simple Green to work) do it the gloves and goggles way.