• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Funny HQ fan comics

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby Sjeng » August 21st, 2011, 2:49 am

torilen wrote:You know - I was actually supposed to go pick up a large collection of heroscape
for FREE today - but the guy never emailed back to say where to meet. I am so
bummed about it - I was really looking forward to owning it.
AND FREE TOO!!

The guy probably figured out what it was worth... Sorry man, that would have been so sweet. Did you mail him again?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby torilen » August 21st, 2011, 4:57 pm

No - I figured probably what happened was he found someone closer who
would take it that day, instead of having to wait another day to get
rid of it.

I don't know how familiar any of you are with Craigslist. That's where
I found the post...sometimes people on there can be flighty. Its
happened a few times before....like I said, I was just really excited
about this one.

Oh well...maybe next time.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby torilen » September 4th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Okay - so, my figures aren't in as good of condition as I remember...and I can't find two of them.
I'll make due with what I have for now - and see what I can do for the future.
Here is issue #1.
Enjoy.


comic - Into the Graveyard.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby Sjeng » September 12th, 2011, 6:53 am

I always enjoy these comics, but you've made them waaaay too blurry. Why not try the "posterize" effect instead? Make it look more comic-book like.
You could also use rectangular textboxes, and comic-style fonts. ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby torilen » September 12th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Yeah...my first attempt didn't come out all that well. I worked for a while on the pics...I'll need to see
about a new program to use for changing the pics to look more comic-style. I also realized a few days
after I did this one that I took the pictures wrong to begin with...that's one reason their blurry.
And yes...I'll use rectangle voice boxes next time - I don't really read comics all that much...I
forgot that most use that style.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby Daedalus » September 15th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Got some chuckles from me. Piiiiiie... Keep it up! I was impressed by your graveyard, more than I expected. The moon was a bit too sharp against the painterly style, but those details can be improved upon easily(?) enough. Looking forward to the next comic interlude. Does this belong in the Gallery in some form?
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby torilen » September 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm

no - this doesn't belong in the gallery. Let's wait until I get things down good, as far as looks go,
before we go that far with it.

By the way - I made that cemetery out of clay - I have that, a ghost, and a mausoleum door
to go with it. I also have made a scarecrow with hay bales, and horse-drawn wagon (no horse),
and a pond with a stream.

Not really for HQ - I collect miniature village houses from Lemax.

But thank you. :) Glad you liked it. As soon as I figure out how to make things look better, I'll
pop another one out for you guys.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby Daedalus » October 18th, 2011, 4:52 pm

The Dwarf made a reappearance as a proxy.
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2011/gu_20111017.jpg :roll:
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby torilen » October 18th, 2011, 6:35 pm

I think that is funny....yeah...that's funny.

So...I'm curious....the guy who posts these...there doesn't seem to be a great flow
of the comics. Is he short on drawings and needs time to do more, or is he short on
material. 'Cause, I got material...if he needs help.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Funny HQ fan comics

Postby Daedalus » October 19th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Not really sure, as I only checked them lightly. I think its a matter of time to do the art. He's also spending his time gaming, as evidenced by his ideas.
You could always post under the art in the discussion. Maybe it would work into an idea for him. Don't really know if he mines the thread for ideas or not.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests