RodgeRules wrote:Thanks for all the tips! I will shoot for Oftkilted's list to start. This seems in line with Kurgan's response about actually needing some of the additional undead in ROTWL.
Per other comments and my original hunch, I am sure they threw the extra sprues into these two particular expansions just to make sure folks felt like they were getting a value, even if they truly weren't needed.
In any case, I am working through my first eight greenskins right now. They are a great refresher in between other painting projects. Modern minis are generally festooned with tedious details so these plain ones are just plain fun. I will post pics when they're done!
The extra sprues also helped define the Kellars Keep and Return of the Witch Lord as the Greenskin and the Undead EPs respectively. A similar approach was with WHQ, with the two EPs they released Lair of the Orc Lord and Catacombs of Terror. In pretty much ANY dungeon-based adventure game, you will find the first two EPs are typically Orc (or whatever constitutes as the quintessential Humanoid mob in the setting) and Undead related. To be completely honest, I am surprised that AHQ never included an Orc-related EP (but then it had the newly arrived Skaven threat as basic Humanoid mobs instead).













