• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby lestodante » November 8th, 2020, 12:40 pm

lestodante wrote:7 months.. not a whole year.


I was probably wrong on this as I received the confirmation email saying: "if target is met, this campaign will move into production at 11:59 PM EST on 11.06.2020.
But I read it as 11st of June, I forgot it was a US date so it will be 6th of november and at first I was thinking it was the shipping date (thinking to 2021). :?
So I did a lot of confusion. Sorry it was 3 of night here, I was almost sleeping.


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Wrote an article for the Blog. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2840
Images: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 9:40 am
Location: Italy
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 8th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Oftkilted wrote:Painting. A lot of painting. And probably rebuilding a classic HeroQuest set to upgrade the cardboard to plasticard. That’s likely to keep me busy for a bit!

I will be painting for the rest of my life and likely beyond. Somehow it is far easier to buy more and more figures than it is to take the time to sit down and paint them
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 8th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Orc26 wrote:The return to the dark tower is supposed to be delivered in February so I'll hopefully be sufficiently distracted for a little while with that. (Hopefully a little better than fireball island...)

I chose not to back Return to Dark Tower, I hope I don't regret that decision. I still hope it might come to retail. Sadly I no longer own the original tower.
I did back Fireball Island, and while it is quite a bit different to the original (which I still own and play) I enjoy it. Long after the kickstarter was done and over with, I was startled to see a new expansion for Fireball sitting on a game shelf: Restoration Games Fireball Island: Spider Springs. In my opinion the best one of the bunch.
https://www.amazon.com/Restoration-Game ... o%2Dcopter.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby BiggieD » November 8th, 2020, 2:06 pm

I cant wait to relive my childhood
BiggieD

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 20
Joined: October 25th, 2020, 11:08 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Kurgan » November 13th, 2020, 4:52 am

Get to work! :idea:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » November 13th, 2020, 11:45 pm

Kurgan wrote:Get to work! :idea:


If those templates are filled, is there a way to print the cards physically for use with the game?
User avatar
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 69
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 12:49 am
Location: Manchester, CT
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Kurgan » November 14th, 2020, 12:02 am

Depends... if you have access to a printer then that's how you can do it, for free.

You can use a site like MPC to have them professionally (and rather inexpensively, I'm not a shill by the way) printed if you wish, and then there's the worst way, which I don't recommend, which is waiting for some shady bootleg sale on ebay where you'll pay a lot more and have no control over the quality.

Lots of options have been proposed. You can print them on actual cardstock, or cut out the paper and paste it to chip board from an old cereal box, or toss the front and back with a piece of card sandwiched in between (I've even heard of people using like bicycle playing cards for this purpose) inside a sleeve. Whatever floats your boat. I like to use glue-sticks for my tiles.

They said they wanted us to play-test this stuff, and they have to know mods will happen, so I can't imagine Hasbro being upset about it, unless you try to sell them. Just my personal opinion...


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby ChaosL00 » November 14th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Play Heroquest of course :D

WHy wait? play some hero Quest on Tabletop simulator.
ChaosL00
 
Posts: 3
Joined: September 24th, 2020, 4:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby The Admiral » November 14th, 2020, 7:09 pm

I'm actually playtesting a real wargame,' Battle for Moscow I'I, which is a remake of the original Frank Chadwick 'Battle for Moscow' from the 80's. It is slightly more complicated than the original and is meant as an intro into the much larger and more complicated 'Thunder in the East'. I'm having great fun with it. Here are generals Guderian and (Mrs) Zhukov contemplating their next moves!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 7:31 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Whats everyone doing while we wait a year?

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » November 14th, 2020, 10:15 pm

Kurgan wrote:Depends... if you have access to a printer then that's how you can do it, for free.

You can use a site like MPC to have them professionally (and rather inexpensively, I'm not a shill by the way) printed if you wish, and then there's the worst way, which I don't recommend, which is waiting for some shady bootleg sale on ebay where you'll pay a lot more and have no control over the quality.

Lots of options have been proposed. You can print them on actual cardstock, or cut out the paper and paste it to chip board from an old cereal box, or toss the front and back with a piece of card sandwiched in between (I've even heard of people using like bicycle playing cards for this purpose) inside a sleeve. Whatever floats your boat. I like to use glue-sticks for my tiles.

They said they wanted us to play-test this stuff, and they have to know mods will happen, so I can't imagine Hasbro being upset about it, unless you try to sell them. Just my personal opinion...


I might have to try MPC out once I come up with visuals for all of my expansion ideas. I have 1 new hero class, a bunch of new spells, some gear, and even a couple of boss enemies I'd like to add.
User avatar
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 69
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 12:49 am
Location: Manchester, CT
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests