• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What you paid for yours

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby link_triforce21 » July 2nd, 2010, 2:13 pm

yes they do need to remake it.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim



I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
User avatar
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 154
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby silkcandy » July 3rd, 2010, 12:19 am

LV got his in the early 90's. He paid $20.00 U.S. Keller's Keep and Witch Lord were $14.99 each, and the Barbarian and Elf were around $20.00. He wishes he had bought a dozen of them :) LV and I were discussing that same thing; that they should release all the games again.
silkcandy

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 18
Joined: June 13th, 2010, 11:57 pm
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby el_flesh » July 3rd, 2010, 8:40 am

Who can/could/would you talk to to get that moving then???
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby link_triforce21 » July 3rd, 2010, 6:14 pm

Hasbro or Games Workshop or both
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim



I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
User avatar
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 154
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby joec » July 7th, 2010, 10:52 am

I got mine for Christmas around 1990-91, and Kellar's Keep shortly after.

Now, I'm just downloading resources to make my own quests, and I recently picked up what looks to be all the monsters from the original game system, KK, and RotWW. (62 monsters in total) They appear to be in mint condition, and unpainted. That was $64.00 USD shipped. I'm scouring for more monsters and original questbooks.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 273
Joined: July 6th, 2010, 4:24 pm
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby ndsandman » August 8th, 2010, 12:09 am

I believe my first HeroQuest was around $20.00. my second was an open set for $35.00, my third set came of ebay new in box, factory sealed, (thus mint and never played) for around $100.00.
Funny thing was the $19.99 price tag, from the original game store like Toys R Us or KB Toys still on the box. LOL
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 90
Joined: August 7th, 2010, 11:28 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby link_triforce21 » August 8th, 2010, 11:16 pm

20.00 DOLLERS!! thats how much they first were. One LEGO set cost 20.00.

*moves away from computer to begin work on a time machine*
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim



I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
User avatar
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 154
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby drathe » August 9th, 2010, 12:52 am

link_triforce21 wrote:*moves away from computer to begin work on a time machine*


Let me know how that pans out. I'd like to pick up some Elf and Barbarian Packs.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby link_triforce21 » August 9th, 2010, 7:39 pm

will do
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim



I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
User avatar
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 154
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What you paid for yours

Postby Big Bene » October 7th, 2010, 10:32 am

My first one, around 1989, I buyed together with a friend (who later kept it) for 60 DM. My current one for 40€ at Ebay (including game system and kellar's keep).
Last edited by Big Bene on February 17th, 2011, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests