• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New forces have arrived

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby MadMickyG » May 13th, 2016, 6:44 pm

My elven recruits have arrived. Going to have 2 female and 2 male Rangers.

Image

The one holding the sword will be the Bounty Hunter. Have to pick another for a female Bounty Hunter.

The rest.......they'll just be Chaos agents I think. 12 for the good side, 12 for the bad side.

They are matched in height, but they are a lot lighter than HQ minis.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby cynthialee » May 13th, 2016, 8:16 pm

I fill the bottoms of my bases like that full of buckshot and glue.
Keeps them steady and in place.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby whitebeard » May 13th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Those elves look good. That's a GW collection which is no longer in print? What are they exactly?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby knightkrawler » May 14th, 2016, 1:13 am

You're looking for Wood Elf Glade Guard (or possibly Wood Elves Gladeguard).
It's one of the GW boxes I actually like because of mixed genders, among other reasons.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby MadMickyG » May 14th, 2016, 2:35 am

3 boys, 9 girls. Nothing against the girls, but would have liked 6 and 6.

Would be nice to be able to remake them from their parts. Got 1 child not liking any of them, wants my original figure for her Ranger. I believe its from original Warhammer. Bow in left hand, sword held high in right.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby knightkrawler » May 14th, 2016, 7:38 am

MadMickyG wrote:3 boys, 9 girls.


Huh!? I had 6 and 6 and would have preferred 3 and 9 or even full sorority.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby whitebeard » May 14th, 2016, 9:49 am

knightkrawler wrote:You're looking for Wood Elf Glade Guard (or possibly Wood Elves Gladeguard).
It's one of the GW boxes I actually like because of mixed genders, among other reasons.


Thanks KK. What is throwing me off is the hooded figures. I really like that option and on the GW site, there is not a single picture of the hood option in this package.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wo ... lade-Guard

Can you confirm this was included in your set? All of the Google images I've looked at seem to suggest it is. But every so often someone calls the hooded figures a "shadow guard" or something... so it might be a discontinued box that has these?

Thanks!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby knightkrawler » May 14th, 2016, 11:03 am

Unfortunately, I can't remember the head options anymore.
Also, I can't find the unused heads in my bitz box, so I can't tell for sure.
I do remember that I had both hooded heads and these full leather masks and half masks you see in these pictures.
What I don't know for sure is if there's 16 heads of each variation or if you have to mix.

Normally, GW are not that stupid as to advertise a regiment look without offering the option to actually do it exactly like these pictures,
so I would guess that there's going to be only these full and half masks or 16 hooded heads in addition to 16 masks. Plus champion head.

I'd go for the various Warhammer forums to be sure before I buy.
Also, look up what ebay has to offer. There might be built regiments next to the box cover where you can interpret what's in the actual box available online.
I don't think GW changes contents of a box and then keeps both name and packaging the same. Usually, it's the other way around.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby MadMickyG » May 14th, 2016, 6:54 pm

In the set I have, there are 3 cowls/hoods with masks, 2 on boys, 1 on a girl.
2 with just cowls/hoods. 1 on each.
1 has full helmet on a girl.
5 with half helmets, all on girls.
There is only 1 normal head, which is on the girl I'm using for a female Bounty Hunter.
The last head is plain, but has an arm attached as it is blowing a battle horn. This is on the other male.
I can see they have been glued together. I would love to be able to change them a little, to make the character miniatures a little more custom.
But I am mostly happy with them. We have the ones we will use for main characters and the rest will be NPC types, henchman or working or Chaos.

And it appears is its 4 and 8, not 3 and 9.
Although, a female head is on a male body, it looks female.


EDIT: Seems with pressure in the right spot, I can remove parts to change them around. Not all parts, but arms and heads are changable. Sweet!
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: New forces have arrived

Postby MadMickyG » May 21st, 2016, 8:06 pm

After fixing a friends monitor, by replacing some popped capacitors, I kept the metal cutoffs.

I have now added them to the Elves with their hands in the drawback position.
Just need to decide whether to make them red like the miniaturs (or grey like the ones I left unpainted) or make them a different colour.

Pics soon.

EDIT: Okay, really soon.

Image
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cornixt and 2 guests