• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby slev » November 24th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Schmidt wrote:or however ladies swear


Usually worse than the men where I hang out.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby cynthialee » November 24th, 2014, 3:18 pm

slev wrote:Last December, I finished a 7.5 year campaign. I'm taking a break.

:D

Now that is epic. But I would feel like: :zombie: by the end of such a long game.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby slev » November 24th, 2014, 4:03 pm

cynthialee wrote:
slev wrote:Last December, I finished a 7.5 year campaign. I'm taking a break.

:D

Now that is epic. But I would feel like: :zombie: by the end of such a long game.


That's why I haven't played in a year. Just Advanced HeroQuest & Decent to cover my dungeon-bash needs.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby sajungzak » November 24th, 2014, 4:52 pm

We usually play with extended family on holidays. We're on quest six, started a few months ago.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby knightkrawler » November 24th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Truth be told, I've been playtesting alone and with my friend more than really played a campaign in the last year and a half or so.
When I've finished my ruleset and re-writing, I'll have 8 people or so to get a campaign going. My whole hero class system is laid out for changing players.

If I didn't play at all, I'd still come here and spread my wisdom, because you people are more awesome than most people I know personally.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Sotiris » November 24th, 2014, 5:32 pm

knightkrawler wrote:If I didn't play at all, I'd still come here and spread my wisdom, because you people are more awesome than most people I know personally.

Touching words |_P
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 345
Images: 13
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 3:23 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby torilen » November 24th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Slev - I would kill a hobo if I could play a campaign that long. That is epic to the highest.

Schmidt - that made me laugh good. I wish my wife would even play, much less calling from
her sickbed. Too funny.

So, yes, I haven't played in well over 10 or 15 years. I haven't even played any D&D in over
8 years or so. I find it hard to find a group to play with...much less a group that would want
to play HQ, and on top of that I've got work and a wife and young kids (a third on the way).

Maybe when this last kid is 3 or 4, the other two will be old enough to fend for themselves a
bit with the wife puttering around, and I'll find the time to get out and do something...make
friends again.

I've got some folks from church that I talk to often, and would love to hang out with them (again,
we're all busy with life) - but I haven't ever brought up playing HQ with any of them. Kind of afraid
to. They're all open minded enough that they wouldn't judge me as a satan worshipper or anything.
But I have the nerd title enough - and I'm afraid that will just get worse.
(WOW do I sound like a teenage little girl or what?)


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby Count Mohawk » November 24th, 2014, 11:40 pm

I first discovered HeroQuest as a game in my older stepbrother's collection around 12 years ago. We played a couple of times, but not much, and I didn't see much of that brother anyway after a while.

All may have been lost for HeroQuest but for a fortuitous find in the church bazaar a few years later! It was missing all the monster pieces, but I had and still have an enormous supply of chess pieces so we substituted them instead. My younger brother and I played about a Quest Pack's worth, but kept the game around afterward due to the memories.

Fast-forward a few more years into my college days. I needed something to do with my new-found access to the Internet, so I read a lot on various board game forums and eventually stumbled across the original Agin's Inn before it was shut down, as well as Old Scratch's Hero Quest forum afterwards. I did a lot of reading on there, but it wasn't until Slev started making HQR that the younger bro and I started back on the Questing path. By now, by the way, I had replaced the missing figures and obtained a second set which was complete, practically mint-in-box. We started with Against the Ogre Horde, moved through the Wizards of Morcar and then proceeded to suffer a slew of character deaths in the Frozen Horror, culminating in two full-party deaths on Heart of Ice at the very end. (Slev threw in a bunch of extra Healing potions in his rendition of that pack, but that was mostly after and in response to our own adventures.) We had to put the game down until the beginning of the next summer due to school, then played packs 7 through 12 of the series over the next two summers.

In the last two or three years since then, though, I have played HeroQuest maybe twice. Unfortunately, I don't have a wide enough pool of friends to bring about a new party of adventurers, so I have to content myself with backseat gaming and working on my own Questing materials, such as writing Heralds of Chaos and expanding the Hero Spell Groups / magic in general.

Edit: And apparently that was post #100. Not too impressive given there are a few members with four-digit postcounts, but I thought it noteworthy nonetheless. |_P


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 696
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Location: New England, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby whitebeard » November 24th, 2014, 11:58 pm

torilen wrote:Maybe when this last kid is 3 or 4, the other two will be old enough to fend for themselves a
bit with the wife puttering around, and I'll find the time to get out and do something...make
friends again.


You've got it all wrong. They are your kids so they are going to love HeroQuest. Seriously, play with them. I stumbled upon the game looking to print a new game board for TSR's "Dungeon!" which my then 5 year old was really excited about (but I was quite tired of). He's almost 8 now and he makes his own short quests which are quite good despite the flexible BP accounting in favor of the monsters. |_P
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Who here ACTUALLY plays HeroQuest?

Postby mako-heart » November 25th, 2014, 12:11 am

I play, I thought this was a joke topic to upgrade members status!! The real question is who ACTUALLY paints and plays... great thread GK. :D the problem is people don't have time to get gaming groups to unite around HQ my :2cents:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 444
Images: 15
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: Elk river, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests