• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Do you play HeroQuest?

Yes, all the dang time!
10
43%
Couple times a year.
6
26%
Once or twice per decade.
2
9%
Used to, but can't find players in my area.
5
22%
I just collect HeroQuest.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 23

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Schmidt » February 21st, 2014, 8:33 am

Sotiris wrote:I'm limited to twice per month.

Still talking about HQ?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: July 20th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Goblin-King » February 21st, 2014, 9:46 am

Schmidt wrote:
Sotiris wrote:I'm limited to twice per month.

Still talking about HQ?


With this mindset, I decided to re-read the entire thread again! :lol:

drathe wrote:I still play every two or three weeks with my Sister, Brother-in-law and Best Friend.


Sjeng wrote:I have two groups. My wife is DM in one, with my parents in law as heroes, we play rarely, on family occasions.
The other group consists of 3 of my friends, my wife and me, where I play DM. We try to play at least once a month.


TMU wrote:I play pretty much once a month. I am the DM, and my mother, father and sister are the heroes. But soon my sister will move because of her studies, so we'll see what happens...


Goblin-King wrote:We used to play pretty steadily, but with my girlfriend falling down a flight of stairs and my friend changing medicine, both couldn't really handle the long sessions anymore...
We took that long break and now it's just so hard to get started again.

Once we are done house looking and have settled in the new house we'll celebrate with a HQ marathon! |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby torilen » February 21st, 2014, 11:27 am

Okay, Sjeng....how in the HELL did you get your parents-in-law to play?


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby JasonMCM » February 21st, 2014, 11:49 am

torilen wrote:Okay, Sjeng....how in the HELL did you get your parents-in-law to play?

My guess is blackmail, "You want to see your daughter? Then we play the games I choose."
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Teldurn » February 21st, 2014, 1:01 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Schmidt wrote:
Sotiris wrote:I'm limited to twice per month.

Still talking about HQ?


With this mindset, I decided to re-read the entire thread again! :lol:

drathe wrote:I still play every two or three weeks with my Sister, Brother-in-law and Best Friend.


Sjeng wrote:I have two groups. My wife is DM in one, with my parents in law as heroes, we play rarely, on family occasions.
The other group consists of 3 of my friends, my wife and me, where I play DM. We try to play at least once a month.


TMU wrote:I play pretty much once a month. I am the DM, and my mother, father and sister are the heroes. But soon my sister will move because of her studies, so we'll see what happens...


Goblin-King wrote:We used to play pretty steadily, but with my girlfriend falling down a flight of stairs and my friend changing medicine, both couldn't really handle the long sessions anymore...
We took that long break and now it's just so hard to get started again.

Once we are done house looking and have settled in the new house we'll celebrate with a HQ marathon! |_P

:lol: |_P
:cookie:

I play once a week (online), but my physical box is gathering dust in the closet.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 787
Joined: October 18th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby knightkrawler » February 21st, 2014, 4:25 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Schmidt wrote:
Sotiris wrote:I'm limited to twice per month.

Still talking about HQ?


With this mindset, I decided to re-read the entire thread again! :lol:

drathe wrote:I still play every two or three weeks with my Sister, Brother-in-law and Best Friend.


Sjeng wrote:I have two groups. My wife is DM in one, with my parents in law as heroes, we play rarely, on family occasions.
The other group consists of 3 of my friends, my wife and me, where I play DM. We try to play at least once a month.


TMU wrote:I play pretty much once a month. I am the DM, and my mother, father and sister are the heroes. But soon my sister will move because of her studies, so we'll see what happens...


Goblin-King wrote:We used to play pretty steadily, but with my girlfriend falling down a flight of stairs and my friend changing medicine, both couldn't really handle the long sessions anymore...
We took that long break and now it's just so hard to get started again.

Once we are done house looking and have settled in the new house we'll celebrate with a HQ marathon! |_P


This for you then, GK:
I mostly play with myself.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Sotiris » February 21st, 2014, 4:30 pm

knightkrawler wrote:..This for you then, GK:
I mostly play with myself.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm crying!! |_P
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 345
Images: 13
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 3:23 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Sjeng » February 21st, 2014, 4:43 pm

torilen wrote:Okay, Sjeng....how in the HELL did you get your parents-in-law to play?

I have cool inlaws. 8-)
they also go to fantasy cons with us :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest... Do you play? (If no, why the hell not!?)

Postby Redav » February 21st, 2014, 5:25 pm

Probably monthly here. We have one married couple and my wife to make up one group and my wife's sister and hubby in the other group.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests