• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Storage/Carrying Case

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby el_flesh » September 28th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Beernut has a rather large Tackle Box.
Image

Image

He got me to use one for much more damageable Sn-Pb alloy minis:
Image
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby knightkrawler » September 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm

My Orc Drawer is rather infamous among my players and family.
It's a drawer full of Orcs. The quest map shows me an orc, I reach into it and apply what you see is what you get stats.
That orc has a shield? +1 Defend. A halberd? Diagonal attack. A Black Orc with two hand weapons? Two attacks, 3 AD each.

Players hate and love the Orc Drawer. Family hate it.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby Ragnar IronFist » September 28th, 2013, 8:40 pm

(Wiping the tears from my eyes) ..

I GOTTA see a pic of the Orc drawer!

PS...anybody know where those more detailed mystery-zombies are from?
User avatar
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 117
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby wolfie907 » September 29th, 2013, 12:03 am

gw


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby IvenBach » September 29th, 2013, 12:36 am

I'm going to make a carrying system for my minis by modifying http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-stackable-wooden-storage-box/ and gluing the metal from filing cabinets I took apart with an angle grinder to provide the magnetic surface for my minis to magnetize to. Not sure about the sizing. Have toyed with the idea of one 'level' for each type of monster but would probably do one large level or 2 stacked levels depending on how big an area I'd need for all my minis. A lot bigger if I'm going to include my Reaper Kickstarter that's for sure.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby GimmeYerGold » April 17th, 2016, 9:25 pm

I'm a big fan of the Machinist's Chest that Whitebeard picked up awhile back: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2782&hilit=machinist+chest


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby whitebeard » April 17th, 2016, 10:45 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:I'm a big fan of the Machinist's Chest that Whitebeard picked up awhile back: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2782&hilit=machinist+chest


So am I :D

@GimmeYerGold: Mine has never left my house, just gently up and down the stairs. Have you traveled with yours? My nice painted minis in the drawers and over-sized on the top will collide with each other for sure. So I still need a foam solution inside if traveling in the car becomes a regular thing.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby GimmeYerGold » April 17th, 2016, 11:17 pm

whitebeard wrote:
GimmeYerGold wrote:I'm a big fan of the Machinist's Chest that Whitebeard picked up awhile back: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2782&hilit=machinist+chest


So am I :D

@GimmeYerGold: Mine has never left my house, just gently up and down the stairs. Have you traveled with yours? My nice painted minis in the drawers and over-sized on the top will collide with each other for sure. So I still need a foam solution inside if traveling in the car becomes a regular thing.


I do travel with my chest--the most brutal test so far was when a car traveling on my right decided to make a no-signal 90 degree left-hand turn right in front of me! I slammed the brakes and managed to avoid a collision--the Quest Chest (as we fondly call it) was in the seat behind me, and fell forward, landing on its drawers face. Despite the jarring stop, the only casualty was a small black light bulb that was inside. We get pretty silly sometimes at our games ;)

I don't have foam dividers, so my minis do knock around a bit. They're all single-color painted, with multiple coats, so perhaps they don't show their nicks and scratches as much as models that are artistically painted.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby whitebeard » April 18th, 2016, 11:20 am

GimmeYerGold wrote:the Quest Chest


I call it HeroChest. :D
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Storage/Carrying Case

Postby GimmeYerGold » April 18th, 2016, 3:42 pm

whitebeard wrote:
GimmeYerGold wrote:the Quest Chest


I call it HeroChest. :D


:lol: HA! Perfect |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest