Anderas wrote:Hey Nicodemus!
I have two questions for you:
I tried for now the better part of two weeks, to include some custom symbols into heroscribe. How did you succeed?
And the symbols that you have in HS, could you point me to where I can download their real-life tiles? Like, meadow, great hall and so on?
Thanks!
1. You'll need a version of your tile in black and white or grayscale ideally for HS, but it doesn't matter that much. Anyway, I did my testing with Toco's Chapel.
It's already 200 DPI resolution, so that's good enough. I converted it to grayscale and increased the brightness and contrast to wash it out and make it
closer to B&W so that it's easier to see icons on top of it. Next you can shrink it down to the right size (which may be optional, I have't tested that much, I just emulated what's there). If you're stuck go look at the other map icons in HeroScribe/Icons/Raster/ (etc) and see what dimensions they use.
Toco's Chapel is a 5x5 tile, so I resized it to 168x168 pixels and saved it as a .png file thusly: HeroScribe/Icons/Raster/custom/Toco/Toco's_Chapel5x5.png
I didn't bother saving a copy into Icons/sample/...
If you go into the main HS directory there's an Objects.xml file (Objects.html shows you the format). I edited the .xml file with the following entry:
- Code: Select all
<object name="Toco's Chapel" id="TocosChapel" width="5" height="5" kind="room" zorder="-10.0">
<icon region="Europe" path="custom/Toco/Toco's_Chapel5x5" original="false"/>
<icon region="USA" path="custom/Toco/Toco's_Chapel5x5" original="false"/>
</object>
Note as well that the file extension isn't specified, just the root filenameIt's flagged as a room and HS scales it to the correct size on the map for you this way. When I go into the "Rooms" list it's down at the bottom... seems that it doesn't matter where in the Objects.xml file you put it, it sorts it alphabetically. I didn't play around too much with seeing what happens if I leave it out of EU or USA versions, but it probably just won't show up.
2. I've only imported Toco's Chapel into HS. Any of the old tiles I used I tried to stick almost exclusively to what was available at Agin's Inn (i.e. Ron Shirtz and Gerwin's tiles mostly)
