gootchute wrote:That's an amazing idea!
Price: 200 gold
Use: "The horn may be used once per quest to call for aid. Place one mercenary of your choice at the start of the quest, either the spiral stairs or entrance door (if the quest started in another location the horn may not be used). The mercenary is treated as any other except that it will demand payment immediately after the game. If the hero can not pay they take the horn instead."
In this way it would cost too much to use foolishly but could get you out of a jam.Special horns could be given as Artifacts instead. If the heroes rescue a lost knight he might reward them with a one-time use horn which summon 4 mercenaries form his private guard.
I love everything about this! In fact, 200 gold coins was what I was going to price it. ...however, I can see my players exploiting the mercenary and having him (oopsy!) suffer a little accident before payment is due
