Here is the paint that i used (all the stores that sells paintings and figures have quitted here in my hometown.)
boughted from http://www.clasohlson.com/ + 
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10430133/ <-- album
furnitures testing

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
boughted from http://www.clasohlson.com/ + 



Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


tasoe wrote:The photo is not very clear but I can tell that the colours are not splashed on each other and that for a first time painter (I assume) you got really good results.
Keep it up and provide more close up photos next time so we can be even more judgemental!



chaoticprime wrote:Yes, you totally suck. Keep trying, though. You will get better. Painting is all technique, and only sometimes real talent.
Here are a couple of pointers: never use black paint to do anything but base-coat; never paint anything larger than a hand yellow.
painting




chaoticprime wrote:Yes, you totally suck. Keep trying, though. You will get better. Painting is all technique, and only sometimes real talent.
Here are a couple of pointers: never use black paint to do anything but base-coat; never paint anything larger than a hand yellow.


Guybrush Threepwood wrote:Don't get frustrated when your first miniatures aren't perfect masterpieces. After all it's all about the fun and when you keep doing it, you will learn more everytime you paint and the results get better. I'd agree with chaoticprime that miniature painting is a lot more about technique than about talent.
I suggest you read some tutorials about techniques like dry brushing, washing etc. f.i. here:
and
http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/
About your colors I can't tell, I don't know those. I use these:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... ints-tools
[/quote]Have fun!
<-- i forgot those wingsTo be honest they not the worst painted miniatures I have seen and you stated it's your first go, and I commend you on getting that far with a first go.
I would offer the advice to change to a brand of paints more suited to miniature painting but it's whatever you feel comfortable with at the end of the day.
Loads of threads with great advice on here for you to look at and you'll pick up things as you go along.
The best advice I can give, is keep it neat, and colour schemes simple to start off with and get to know your paints and how they feel/work and then once you've mastered that then you can move onto more advanced techniques.
that he is goint to dip paint or something like that.

soppathekeitto wrote:B( my kids make fun of my one of the Fimir that i painted today. Son told my daughter "hehe dad is making another clownmonster"![]()
![]()


Return to General HeroQuest Discussion
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests