• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Looking for scans

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Looking for scans

Postby Laserschwert » December 28th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Is anybody here, who has this expansion, able to provide me with high-quality scans (i.e. at least 600dpi, no filtering, no sharpening), of the box and the questbook?
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Looking for scans

Postby sekundes » December 29th, 2018, 9:56 pm

I own The Mage of the Mirror but do not own a scanner to provide you with what you need. A quick search yielded these results: http://heroquest.no-ip.com/#ElfQuest-TheMageoftheMirror

You can download those scans and hopefully they will be enough for what you're looking for? The person has both the quest book and box scans.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
sekundes

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Laserschwert » December 29th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Yeah, I already have that download, unfortunately it's not at the quality I'm looking for.

I have found another one, which is at 300dpi, which will probably be the one I'm using if I can't find someone to provide me with 600dpi scans.
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby lestodante » December 31st, 2018, 3:07 pm

I can scan the questbook but can't scan the box (I have the top part only) because my scanner is A4 size and has a stupid border around the glass so the box will be lifted up on 1 side and it creates deformations in the final result.
Just sent you a PM with a preliminary image to check the quality.

Image Image

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Laserschwert » December 31st, 2018, 10:02 pm

And replied... Thanks a lot!

Is the Quest Book title the only difference between these two editions?

And regarding the box, it's only nice to have. I already have the Don Kueker artwork in my artwork thread, but the image I scanned from the Kueker artbook was relatively small. I've already overlayed a scan of the box that I found online (not a great one), to slightly increase detail in that center area of the image, but a proper box scan would bump up the quality considerably.
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Return to The Mage of the Mirror