Page 1 of 1

My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 11:44 pm
by lucasdp
I finally got the Reaper Wargs and a relatively generic Sorceress to complete my set of Elf Quest Pack proxy figures! :D
Image

That's an '84 Ral Partha Sorceress. I know she's a bit "Maleficent" :lol: but I like her.
Image

The big guys. Reaper Bones Wargs for the Giant Wolves and Dark World Ogres. The Ogres don't photograph well, but they look pretty good irl.
Image

And of course the Heartbreaker Elf Archers and Warriors. I :redheart: these guys so much.
Image

There's a good chance my girlfriend and I will attempt one or two of the solo elf quests over the holiday weekend. First time doing a solo quest; any tips?

(Sorry if some of the pics are huge. Sometimes I resize them, sometimes... I just ... don't care :p )

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: December 24th, 2015, 6:17 am
by Goblin-King
That's a nice set.
Now we only need one of the base manufacturers to make some double sized bases for those wolves!

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: December 24th, 2015, 10:31 am
by wolfie907
Heartbreaker elves are my favorite good choice

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: December 26th, 2015, 3:30 pm
by alyndavies
I already got a shed load of Ogres, but I didnt proxy the other figures I just use similar Heroquest figures from the original game.

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 3:37 pm
by herman_the_german
The Dragonstrike minis are good proxies for this. Just needs multiple sets.

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: March 4th, 2016, 12:01 pm
by herman_the_german
Here are the elf archers compared with the Dragonstrike elf.

Image

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: March 12th, 2016, 9:42 am
by Jasper Akhkharu
Re: warg bases, Zealot sells a pack of HeroQuest style bases that are in different sizes, including a 2x1 base for mounted figures (and these wargs) and a 2x2 base for big monsters. Check them out!

Re: My Mage of the Mirror proxy figures

PostPosted: August 28th, 2016, 12:06 pm
by Daedalus
I prefer how the Reaper wargs fit on the board. Having the base under the head and body rather than the body and tail is more practical. Also, they fit well with the other statically stanced monsters.