• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Shouldn't there be some type of reward for this?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Shouldn't there be some type of reward for this?

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 3:35 pm

I haven't actually played Wizard's of Morcar/Zargon yet. After Keller's Keep we jumped to Mage of the Mirror just to playtest it and work out the bugs.
But just the same, Against the Ogre Horde and Wizard's of Morcar have no adequate ending in the quest book. The heroes just saved the realm from an army of hungry Ogres, and then defeated Zargon's 4 best lieutenants, this should have some reward for this, yes?

If I ever get to play it in order I'd like to add a reward of 300 gold for each hero for stopping the Ogre Horde and some sort of makeshift ceremony where the Emperor crowns the heroes "Champions" and it is at this point that they grow a following of supporters and mercenaries willingly to join on their adventures.
Dark Company at least gives the Ring of Brilliance. I'm thinking there should be a gold reward for Wizard's of Morcar as the Frozen Horror should be played after and they'll need the gold to hire mercenaries.
I'm looking to see if anyone agrees and has suggestions for a decent reward, but won't make the quests to come too easy.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Shouldn't there be some type of reward for this?

Postby Stoner81 » November 12th, 2018, 4:48 pm

If I remember correctly there is quite a lot of gold in the quests of those packs in places so perhaps that is enough?

|_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » November 12th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Are you trying to tell me that saving the Realm is not it's own reward for the champions of the Empire?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » November 12th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Heroes: "We're triumphant, oh Emperor! Morcar's Ogres have been flattened and his spell casting fiends have been obliterated! We've saved the realm!"

Emperor: "Ah, back already? Hmm, ok. Thank you, I guess."

Heroes: "Wait, what? That's all?"

Emperor: "Well ... the stables still need cleaning and the castle could use a new paint job, so you needn't worry, there's still plenty for you to do. Off with you, make yourself useful and leave me alone, I am a busy man!"

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 13th, 2018, 7:28 am

Goblin-King wrote:Are you trying to tell me that saving the Realm is not it's own reward for the champions of the Empire?

Well the Emperor gives them 500 apiece for saving him at the end of Keller's Keep... without the realm there would be nothing to rule over... He paid them 240 for saving one of his knights and 400 just for investigating what happened to his personal wizard... I think the heroes would expect more for going through so much trouble...

Are you telling me Luke never got paid for blowing up the Death Star? They did get a medal...
Han Solo: (reading his medal) Hans Olo? They can't even get my name right!
Luke Skywalker: mine just says "participant."

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » November 13th, 2018, 9:31 am

Ironically the Emperor throws a parade in honor of the heroes, with a total cost of way more than the reward would have been...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 13th, 2018, 9:53 am

Try the replacement Summons of the Wizards' Council quest pack instead of the Wizards of Morcar: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073&hilit=Council

Each of the Heroes get 1000 gold coins at the end of this. Granted they go through more difficult quests than the few in the original Quest pack, but it's a fine reward and makes much more sense.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » November 13th, 2018, 10:59 am

How about a gold star sticker? Looks good on the character sheets...

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nicodemus » November 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm

After the initial Quests the intention was always that the Heroes mature. And in the modern era we all know that to be mature means to get "woke" and become an SJH (Social Justice Hero). No longer are the Heroes concerned with the forces of Chaos killing innocent villagers, they're after the real foes - like the racist Ogres who think they're the only ones who deserve privilege and power, or those Wizards of Morcar who seek to supplant the rulers of the free world with their own Magocracy, where those without innate magical ability become subservient to those born to power.

So really, once the Heroes get to this stage all victories are really moral victories. The Heroes no longer need gold, because their true power isn't in weapons, artifacts, or other mundane material possessions. No, their power is derived from smug, unbridled moral superiority!

Next Quest: Taking their moral high ground to its ultimate conclusion, our Heroes take the fight to the Emperor and challenge his presumption of privilege with the power of memes.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » November 13th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Well!!! That brings things right up to date. A good summary of the world right now!!!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Wizards of Morcar