• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Size of ogre figures?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Re: Size of ogre figures?

Postby knightkrawler » January 3rd, 2017, 12:57 pm

Yes, they fit perfectly, showcased by my own.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » January 4th, 2017, 6:30 am

I use the smaller ogres with the standard ogre stats, and the huge one from battle masters as a 'giant' Ogre with the Elf Quest stats.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » January 4th, 2017, 6:41 am

I'll be using Warhammer ogres soon since I wouldn't want to mess with my collectible ogres or pay silly money for spare ones on ebay.
Sjeng's pictures on Miniature showcase gave me much inspiration.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » January 5th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Not too long ago there was a seller on eBay selling them for about 8 bucks, which I thought was fair. I got as many as I could offa him. Never could find out how he obtained so many of them. I think he said a WH booth or something like it.
herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby herman_the_german » January 21st, 2017, 1:46 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Yes, they fit perfectly, showcased by my own.

It seems the arms are too fat at the base, which could be fixed by cutting out the excess. And it seems as if the lack of a neck will need for the shoulders and neck to be built up, not necessarily that it is a bad thing as it should give one a bit more flexibility. The facial proportion seems just a tiny bit small, which is fine, I guess.

But the underlying skeletal structure seems scaled just about right.
Last edited by herman_the_german on January 22nd, 2017, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 21st, 2017, 2:12 pm

You can't see it well in that picture, but I fixed the heads with Green Stuff, folding fat necks out of that, so that was near perfect.
The hands fit perfectly because the wrists have the same thickness.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gomcse » January 27th, 2018, 3:30 am

I'm going to use Reaper Bones Ogres. The sculpts are gorgeous. They're 25mm Heroic scale and hopefully they will fit perfectly with the original heroes.
Gomcse

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 16th, 2020, 12:13 am

Gomcse wrote:I'm going to use Reaper Bones Ogres. The sculpts are gorgeous. They're 25mm Heroic scale and hopefully they will fit perfectly with the original heroes.

Yes! As much as I love the Hero Quest GW style (of which Battle Masters is a spinoff), those Ogres look like pirate mutant Orcs more than anything. The best thing about them are their evil smirks (and movable limbs). The Reaper Bones Ogres are just awesome. I have several of them. They're fat, they've got big clubs, and they look like badass hulks that would just block your path until they go down from sheer overwhelming force.

A good use for the official Ogre to me would be like a mercenary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous