• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Talisman of Lore

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Talisman of Lore

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 14th, 2019, 10:50 pm

I was reading ahead in this quest book since my group is not quite on this expansion pack yet. I noticed that the talisman of lore is two mind points in the directions. The artifact card says it is 1. Is there a different version of it or something?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Talisman of Lore

Postby j_dean80 » June 15th, 2019, 6:46 am

EU it is 2 MP and NA it is 1 MP.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » June 15th, 2019, 7:46 am

Also, it depends on the system if it is strong or not. In US, 2 MP would mean total protection from sleep or command. In EU, those are nearly unknown on Morcar's side so 2 MP is ok.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 15th, 2019, 3:50 pm

I assume when we get to this expansion, we should start playing with the euro rules?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 15th, 2019, 6:55 pm

That would be a house rule.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 15th, 2019, 9:25 pm

I'm just trying to play by how the game is written. If the game is written for euro, then we should play euro. If it is American, we should play American.
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 15th, 2019, 10:51 pm

The difference in BP is your biggest challenge in doing so.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » June 16th, 2019, 2:45 am

Well if he plays ATOH as written it will be EU, meaning single BP for normal monsters and variable BP for ogres. Not a massive challenge.

Jalapeno, it seems a bit odd to me to have different BP for the same monsters in different quest packs.
We play set 5BP for ogres (and plan to keep the same amount when we get to Elf quest pack, 10BP is far too high!!).
We also have our Fimirs, Mummies and CW at 2BP regardless of expansion. Gargoyles and Doomguard at 3BP. Mercenaries have 2BP.
Named villains have multiple BP as it would be very anticlimactic to find a boss and then kill it with one damage point. In this regard US rules are better, as with the addition of spells for the Witch Lord et al.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 16th, 2019, 3:34 am

I didn't realize that the European version has one body point for the monsters. That seems way too easy. I was looking forward to the variable body point mechanic with the ogres... Are there ogres in later expansions too? if so, do they have the same variable body point thing as they do in ATOH?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 16th, 2019, 3:47 am

Jalapenotrellis wrote:I didn't realize that the European version has one body point for the monsters. That seems way too easy. I was looking forward to the variable body point mechanic with the ogres... Are there ogres in later expansions too? if so, do they have the same variable body point thing as they do in ATOH?

If you like the variable BP for Ogres then go for it, I found it a lot of fun when we played with them. We only decided to give them a flat 5BP when we started encountering them in lots of other adventures and needed to standardise everything (we had to do this not just for ogres but all monsters and all rules, traps, spells etc).

There are ogres in Mage of the Mirror. They have a whopping 10BP, which I feel is too much, which isn’t a surprise seeing as that pack wasn’t really playtested before release.
There are also ogres in the Eyes of Chaos, but I can’t remember what stats they have.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Against the Ogre Horde