• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Pit of Darkness with Borin's Armor

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Pit of Darkness with Borin's Armor

Postby wallydubbs » December 20th, 2018, 1:59 pm

I can assume in the US version if a Hero falls into a Pit of Darkness trap while wearing Borin's Armor he'll need to roll 3 combat dice to determine damage taken.
However in the European version there is no specification as to what type of armor Borin's Armor is...

So if a hero wearing Borin's Armor falls into a Pit of Darkness, would you consider it Plate Mail and roll 3 combat dice; chainmail and 2 combat dice; or neither and just roll 1?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Pit of Darkness with Borin's Armor

Postby lestodante » December 20th, 2018, 2:32 pm

I don't consider it like a plate mail: it is a special (magic?) Armour, so it gives no malus to its wearer.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » December 20th, 2018, 2:59 pm

I would still consider it to be like the US version of the armor. Even though it doesn't specify what kind of armor it is.
There is a thread about the armor here and what kind of armor it should be considered.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=332
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 17th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Since the Pit of Darkness is supposed to be so much deeper, can an enemy attack a hero while in it?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » January 17th, 2019, 2:26 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Since the Pit of Darkness is supposed to be so much deeper, can an enemy attack a hero while in it?

I would have to say no, the hero falls 30 feet down. That's a pretty long weapon the enemy has, and with the name of the tile Pit of Darkness, I doubt the enemy would be able to see the hero either.

I took this right from the rule book that drathe re-mastered

Capture.PNG

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=279
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Well, I don't remember if that was Phoenix addiction, but it clearly mentioned Borin's Armour also.
I understand the matter about weight but theorically shouldn't an armour also partially protect my back while hitting the floor very hard?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 17th, 2019, 7:57 pm

lestodante wrote:Well, I don't remember if that was Phoenix addiction, but it clearly mentioned Borin's Armour also.
I understand the matter about weight but theorically shouldn't an armour also partially protect my back while hitting the floor very hard?

Borin's Armor is mentioned in the original.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » January 17th, 2019, 10:31 pm

lestodante wrote:Well, I don't remember if that was Phoenix addiction, but it clearly mentioned Borin's Armour also.

Yes you would think because it is magical armor.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » January 18th, 2019, 2:41 am

It's not so much the protection but the extra kinetic force you hit the floor with. Bulky armour is extremely dense, when the floor breaks your inertia, things are going to be much worse. Why mice fall from height with no damage. There's a greater risk of lacerating internal organs and if you land wrong, bones are more likely to snap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7KSfjv4Oq0

Part 2 is quite funny too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWUHf-rzks

Nothing to do with armour but it's worth a watch.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on January 18th, 2019, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » January 18th, 2019, 2:44 am

wallydubbs wrote:I can assume in the US version if a Hero falls into a Pit of Darkness trap while wearing Borin's Armor he'll need to roll 3 combat dice to determine damage taken.

As it's perks are related to the 'lightness' of it, I'd say no.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Against the Ogre Horde