Page 1 of 2

Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: April 29th, 2013, 5:58 pm
by tasoe
Has anyone noticed that out of the 4 ogre warriors in "against the ogre horde", two have slightly differnt body postures?
I can't provide detailed pictures at the moment but since only recently I started handling them, I noticed that difference. I'll post photos tomorrow to back this up.
It's very hard to notice, as it only affects the part that stands on the base, not the back or hands. Their main bodies are slightly tilted to the right.

I wonder what type of ogre warriors are in the elf quest pack.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 1st, 2013, 2:45 pm
by TMU
Did you forket this post.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 1st, 2013, 3:11 pm
by tasoe
nope, just waiting to get my camera back from my father. probably this friday i'll post them.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 9:10 am
by tasoe
Ok, check this out.
First photo, 2 ogres with slightly different poses.
Second and third photo are the first two ogres compared to a third one (the clear one).
I'm not crazy, am I? Those are clearly different.
Image
Image
Image

You can see it even more clearly if you open the second and third picture in different tabs and then change from one tab to another.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 9:14 am
by TMU
Yeah it's 100% true!

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 10:53 am
by Goblin-King
Strange... I wonder how this could happen.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 10:58 am
by TMU
Maybe the mold was sloping?

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 11:48 am
by Sjeng
Perhaps they needed a new mold at some point, and used the original model, which might have changed a bit due to heat or other influences. It's a minor difference.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 2:17 pm
by knightkrawler
Word.

Re: Ogre miniatures differences

PostPosted: May 14th, 2013, 1:40 pm
by Daedalus
tasoe wrote:I wonder what type of ogre warriors are in the elf quest pack.

After a Google image search, I came up with these from the Elf Quest Pack:

Image

Also, from the mini files at the Inn:

Image

From what I can see, it appears the outside of the Ogre's left shoulder is centered over the middle of its left foot.