• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Sword

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

New Sword

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 5th, 2011, 9:56 am

I do not really know what to call this weapon yet, but...

This sword is mainly for the start of the game roughly, brought after about 3-4 quests, i don't know how much it should cost but here is my rough estimate 300-650 gold coins:

2 attack dice

The effect is: for every black shield you roll, you may recover one body point, your body points cannot go over it's maximum.

This way, it's low, nuetral attack makes it normal but when you roll a black shield it is not such a waste. I made it black shield so that you don't recover body points to easily and quickly so your not always on high body.
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New Sword

Postby LordZeke » February 5th, 2011, 10:51 am

Life Stealing Sword, cool idea... I guess the same mechanic could be used for mind points also.

Would you limit how many points could be recovered per quest?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 5th, 2011, 12:14 pm

LordZeke wrote:Would you limit how many points could be recovered per quest?

Give it a set number of Skull Tokens at the beginning of the Quest. Each time 1BP is recovered, cash in a token.

Personally I would make this an Artifact rather than a purchaseable weapon. As I would any item with unique abilities.

:2cents:

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 6th, 2011, 10:59 am

Yes I think it should be a artefact, but when do you actually get artefacts? Is it like searching for treasure?

If the heroes get the artefact late on I would probably have to increase the attack dice, right?
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 6th, 2011, 11:04 am

I probably would not limit the amount because the chance of rolling a black shield, the chance of rolling it is 1/6.
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » February 6th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Hide Artifacts in some furniture that may or may not be searched, or as armaments of boss monsters.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » February 7th, 2011, 5:11 am

it has to be an artifact, and they can be placed anywhere you like in the quest notes, hidden in a coffin or tomb, dropped from a defeated boss monster, stuck in a stone etc etc
i think id call it something like a 'Vampiric Blade'.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » February 7th, 2011, 9:37 am

Pugahla_272 wrote:2 attack dice

The effect is: for every black shield you roll, you may recover one body point, your body points cannot go over it's maximum.

Is that when you roll a black shield it counts as a skull which the monster has to defend? So if you rolled 1 skull and 1 black shield it would count as 2 skulls, then if the monster only rolls 1 black shield you take 1 of it's body points to add to your own?

What's the idea exactly? I like it. I don't think it should be limited to a certain number of BPs per quest, I think that after a while a player might be unsure whether to attack with their battle axe and kill the enemy or risk trying to use the life stealing sword with it's lower chance of a kill.

I'm probabaly going to put the weapon in so here's my 2cents- The weapon is a dagger so you get 1 attack die, skulls and black shields both count as a hit if your enemy can't roll a shield, if they can't defend you take 1 of their BPs.

As for a name, I can't think of anything cool enough.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby LordZeke » February 7th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I like the idea of a dagger so the wizard can use it.

So if i understand Ethica's idea. The life steal effect would still only occur if a black shield is rolled. Skulls still do normal dmg but don't life steal?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 15th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Now I have been thinking I should make it so it takes a body point off the monster it attacks and add it to your bp unless the monster can defend it. I think Morcar/Zargon will have to declare which he is defending.

If hero rolls 1 skull and 1 black shield, then Morcar/Zargon will have to declare that he is rolling to stop the sword from taking a body point and adding it to his own health. If he does not then he is just defending against the skull.

Do you think this way is better by making the black shield take 1 bp off the monster aswell as adding 1 bp to yourself.

Or...

How it was when a black shield automatically adds 1 bp to your health but not taking it off the monster?
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards