• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] Invasion from the Badlands

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack] Invasion from the Badlands

Postby Nyst » June 19th, 2020, 6:57 pm

I am creating a quest pack that includes overland quests as well as standard dungeon quests. I'll post more about the overland quests here when they are developed. Those will be using my own system, but most people could use the dungeon quests at least. Link to Overland System.

The premise is that the heroes have been tasked to travel to the area of Karak Hirn in the Black Mountains to deal with a Black Orc stronghold. The only dungeon quests (planning 3 quests), will take place here.

I want to use my overland system for finding the stronghold entrance and creating further quests as the heroes move south towards the Badlands. I mainly want to use a group of goblin wolf riders in the overland terrain! I don't like the Battle Masters wolf rider figure so I combined a few elements to make my own.

You can find a picture of my goblin wolf rider here.

I'll post the dungeon quests as they are created.
Last edited by Nyst on August 30th, 2020, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyst

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack] Invasion from the Badlands

Postby arntisdale » June 19th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Sounds like fun! :)
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Nyst » June 20th, 2020, 12:42 am

Here is the opening and first quest of the stronghold. Let me know what you think.

My initial thought was to have all the orc symbols as black orcs. Stats: Atk-3, Def-3, BP-2, Md-2, Mv-7. I couldn't get the additional icons to load properly in Herscribe, so the original orc icon is what I have. Questimator gave this a 17.2 average with all black orcs.

Prologue
There has been word of a Black Orc stronghold near the Karak Hirn area in the Black Mountains. You have been requested by The Empire to travel to the Black Mountains in order to find the stronghold, break the enemy lines, and force them to retreat. The only way to do this is to eliminate the Black Orc leader that resides there. Uncover which Orc tribe is responsible for creating the stronghold.

Quest 1 - Stronghold Gate
Your team has found the Orc's stronghold in the mountains. You have battled many Orcs in past battles, but the Black Orcs are a challenge for any veteran warrior. You must make your way through the gate to reach the stairs and descend into the Orc lair to find the leader.
A. The first hero to search for treasure will find a Potion of Healing that will heal 4BP.
B. The chest has a spear trap on it. The contents of the chest is 100 gold and a Heroic Brew.
C. The contents of the chest is 100 gold and a Potion of Healing that will heal 4BP.
Last edited by Nyst on June 24th, 2020, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyst

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Nyst » June 21st, 2020, 12:04 pm

Quest 2 - Barracks
You find yourself in the heart of the stronghold. The barracks will be a challenge to navigate as you can hear Greenskin noises echoing through the corridors. Make it through the barracks and the leader will not be far.
A. Searching this room for treasure reveals a ripped page from a book. On it is part of a word. The hero takes the page with them.
B. The two doors to the east and west in this room are locked. They can only be opened when a hero with the page found in A, searches this room for treasure. Upon doing so, the hero places the page in the book where the other half of the ripped page is found and speaks the word. The doors in the room are unlocked, but remain closed.
C. Once this door is opened, all doors in the room open. If one of the doors was not opened and the room revealed prior, then the monsters activate and immediately take their turns.
D. The chest contains 200 gold.
Nyst

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Nyst » June 24th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Here is the final quest for this dungeon pack. I will be using my overland system for the remainder of the quests and create a topic in the project forge when those are being made.

Quest 3 - Head of the Snake
The final challenge is before you. Azluk the Black Orc Boss will be well guarded. He must not be underestimated for his combat abilities will test your team's mettle. Find Azluk, defeat him, and the stronghold will be broken.
A. The chest contains two magical throwing daggers.
B. The chest has a spear trap on it. The chest contains a Heroic Brew.
C. The two goblins on the East side of the chasm are goblin archers with short bows. Mv: 10, Atk: 2(1), Def: 1, BP:1, Md:2.
D. This is where Azluk the Black Orc Boss stands. He attacks two times on his turn. His stats - Mv: 7, Atk: 4/4, Def: 4, BP:6, Md:3.

Epilogue
Azluk, the Black Orc Boss has been defeated. The stronghold has no leadership and quickly falls apart. After examining Azluk's body, you determine that the Orcs came from the Broken Tooth tribe. The Empire is familiar with this tribe and must stop the threat that continues to rise from the Badlands. You have earned some rest my friends, before you are summoned again by The Empire.
Nyst

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Anderas » June 25th, 2020, 8:30 am

Sounds interesting enough!
Just so you know, I am German. Hirn means "Brain" in german, so if you want me to stop smiling all the time while I read it, you maybe want to change that name :-) :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Nyst » June 25th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Haha, I didn't know that. I used this map as a reference to build the scenario names. I might have to change it to mention "near Icy Wind Pass", since it's funny to me now every time I read it.
Nyst

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Return to Quests and Quest Packs