• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

German card additions (Talisman 3rd Ed. conversions inter a)

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

German card additions (Talisman 3rd Ed. conversions inter a)

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 9:56 am

Hi there,
I created a couple of new cards by converting Talisman 3rd Edition cards, since both are GW games, both developed in the early 90ies, HQ even in the late 80ies and they pretty much share similiar art, so I decided to convert them into HQ cards. I'd be happy to share them with you, although they're in German language. Maybe you can use the art in order to make your own cards out of those. I'd be also glad, if my cards were hosted here in the download section for HQ players looking for cards in German. I also translated the Elf & Barbarian quest US only cards and added them. A side note to the orthography, I followed the old German spelling rules, which were valid until 1996, since the orignal HQ cards use the old spelling and I didn't want to have a mix of new and old spelling rules.

Please beware that the classic redbrown frame of the cards is enlarged by 3 mm on all four sides, because of the neccessary trim for professional printing. This is not neccessary for the ones with a white frame, so I have been told.

I'll start with new treasure cards and original US only translated ones:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on September 25th, 2020, 9:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: German card additions (Talisman 3rd Ed. conversions)

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:02 am

Some new equipment cards. Special thanks to the ones who provided the art for some of the cards in the Archive Gallery of YE OLDE INN. ;)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 7:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:20 am

German purchaseable potions tranlsations & 3 new potions

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:24 am

German translations of the Elf quest spells

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:33 am

German Chaos spells (translated US version original ones and a few Talisman spells)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:40 am

German monster cards. These Ogre cards existed already in German, but I changed the names of the Ogre types in order to adjust them to the English originals. The previous, original tranlsations were terrible, since they used very much modern expressions like officer for the Ogre Champion and commander for the Ogre chieftain, which weren't fitting at all and not close enough to the English orignal. My translations are better than the ones of the guy, who was hired in the 90ies by GW in order to translate HQ Against the Ogre Hordes into German. This guy really did a terrible job. :roll:
I've also added the giant wolf of the Elf Quest, a Skaven warrior from Advanced Hero Quest & Warhammer Quest and a Beastman, since I've got some old Battle Master and Talisman/Warhammer Quest minis of Gors.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 8:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 10:51 am

German artifact cards: some Talisman 3rd Ed. conversions and some translations of US only artefacts and English artefacts found on this site.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » February 18th, 2020, 3:14 pm

At last I finished the German Scroll cards as promised (mainly translations of the original US scrolls found in Kellar's Keep, Witch Lord, Elf & Barbarian Quest and also some new ones). Most likely the least interesting for non-German speakers, since the art is the same on all cards, except for the ruined scroll.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » April 28th, 2020, 8:14 am

I've also created a new mercenary card: the archer, since I've got some of those old Battle Masters Imperial Archer minis, which fit into Hero Quest quite nicely. Usually the merc cards only show one man-at-arms, but I didn't want to cut out, because I like this old Battle Master rulebook picture as it is and it has got exactly the same design/style as original Hero Quest cards.

Image Image
Last edited by Ragnarök on May 13th, 2020, 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » April 28th, 2020, 10:29 am

I was unsure, if I should add this one as card, but nevertheless it's an original Hero Quest artifact from the Master Edition Dark Company. The art of this one unfortunately is taken from somewhere else, but I think it's fitting.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Next

Return to Cards