• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

JoeC's Rumble in the D

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

JoeC's Rumble in the D

Postby joec » July 19th, 2010, 12:04 pm

I'm running a game using the original rules (no new classes, only one or two slight mods not worth noting). I wanted to take pics of my game, and only snapped two of last Saturday night's session in the original quest book, Quest 4 - Prince Magnus' Gold.

Here's the pics I snapped as the Barbarian charged in to meet the Chaos forces protecting the gold:

Sorry about the bad painting, but I painted them many years ago, and haven't taken the time to redo them... the Heroes are first up though.
Last edited by joec on July 20th, 2010, 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: JoeC's Rumble in the D

Postby el_flesh » July 21st, 2010, 9:05 am

Man...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that puts pieces down crooked...maybe it's an anal retentive thing to want them straight...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » July 21st, 2010, 9:26 am

I usually correct them, but I guess we got a little loose in the heat of the battles which occurred. Either that, or I just got lazy.

It was great to see my players cheer when they thought they killed the Chaos Warrior.... but I had added a few body points to him since they wanted to utilize the pack mentality. It definitely gave them more of a sense of accomplishment.

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » July 21st, 2010, 12:26 pm

My pieces are put down straight, but the constant dice rolling and figure moving causes them all to shift. I tend to fix them throughout should they be inching toward a new location.

Beefing up bosses is something I do a lot. Mainly because I want to be able to use those Chaos Spells that are listed for them, or don't want to see the boss dead in one or two rounds.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » July 21st, 2010, 1:40 pm

What if the board was made of steel and the doors and such had little magnets in the bottoms. Hmm, is it worth the effort?

I like seeing photos of games in progress.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » July 21st, 2010, 3:45 pm

Ethica wrote:What if the board was made of steel and the doors and such had little magnets in the bottoms. Hmm, is it worth the effort?

I like seeing photos of games in progress.

As long as it's a permanent installation, as steel is kind of heavy.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » July 21st, 2010, 3:56 pm

ya I absolutely agree about beefing up the bosses, and even the medium bosses. Our DM does a fantastic job!

I think that a home made board with modular pieces to accept the furniture and the squares, locking them in would be the answer to our dreams. Though I'm far too lazy to construct it.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » July 21st, 2010, 5:15 pm

Hurry up Joe! Have another game and post some pics before you lose your thread. Can't wait to see Quest 5!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby joec » July 22nd, 2010, 11:15 am

We're trying to find time to fit in quest 5, but the issue is that the Dwarf and Wizard have events the next couple of weekends, and I can't find anyone who'd want to play.

It HAS given me an idea though... but it's for another thread. :twisted:

UPDATE: My next game will be on July 31. If anything changes, I'll be sure to update you guys.

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby joec » July 23rd, 2010, 4:28 pm

While the game waits another week to move on, I DO have a related project for the weekend...

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!