• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My HeroQuest Dice Announcement

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: My HeroQuest Dice Announcement

Postby Anderas » January 30th, 2020, 1:23 am

Black and white is perfectly readable. I'd love them, too. Talking about this model when I say black:

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » January 30th, 2020, 7:45 am

I’d be ok with white or red symbols (preference would be white - just something about the simplicity and readability of black/white) but would want the configuration same as original.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 30th, 2020, 9:15 am

If I could have the black ones with the 4 skull distribution, I would order 100 sets, because I am sure they would sell here in europe.

There are many who bought those colored dice in Spielwarensaloon. They work alright, but they are plastic and don't feel at all like the originals. So the same black die with the same distribution but with look and feel like the original would sell here.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 30th, 2020, 4:13 pm

I agree with Anderas plus.. I would like the ones with more Black Shields too

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » January 30th, 2020, 4:33 pm

What do the dice look like? 2 skulls, 2 white shield & 2 black shields?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » January 30th, 2020, 10:12 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of the German colored dice. Different colors
with different faces for special rolls.

I am guessing there would not be enough market for something like that, and it would
be too expensive to have different colored dice with different faces printed.

I thought I would ask though. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 31st, 2020, 1:03 am

The german black die has

Skull
Skull
Skull
Skull
Shield
Walrus

It is used mainly for it's additional skull, and to weaken the defense of a hero sometimes. The black shield/bunny/walrus is not used of course as it is the same like the original.

One could imagine, to have all three faces adapted, to make one double face:
Skull
Skull
Skull
Skull
Shield and Walrus
Walrus

Then you have a different function for all three symbols plus it is compatible with the "original" black die

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 31st, 2020, 2:57 am

By the way, I'd need at least 15 sets of the white one already. :-)

Anyone else in for a german or europe group order? DHL takes 3€ for the mailing only.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 31st, 2020, 7:50 am

Anderas wrote:The german black die has

Skull
Skull
Skull
Skull
Shield
Walrus

It is used mainly for it's additional skull, and to weaken the defense of a hero sometimes. The black shield/bunny/walrus is not used of course as it is the same like the original.

One could imagine, to have all three faces adapted, to make one double face:
Skull
Skull
Skull
Skull
Shield and Walrus
Walrus

Then you have a different function for all three symbols plus it is compatible with the "original" black die

If EWP used them would a white shield even be necessary?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cornixt » January 31st, 2020, 11:00 am

Well, there is still this:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4994

I remember writing a response to the thread but I either forgot to post it or something got screwed up when I did.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market