• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Experiment

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Experiment

Postby Gold Bearer » April 13th, 2015, 8:19 am

Ah that makes sense, it's just using shield symobols that doesn't.

I really don't see the point of the rerolls. I know it was much more of a pain because of the way p-b-p works but it still doesn't work for me. What's is supposed to represent? It makes the combat more complicated for no good reason. If it was an artefact that gave this ability it would be different.

The storm wizard is an all or nothing hero, but I don't see this as a problem. In that forgotton legion quest a storm wizard could ruin it, but that's a very exreme case, I've never seen a quest like that before. Remember that each target is attacked individually so the chances of wiping out a room full of monsters is low, especially if they have multile BP and most of my monsters have. In this case the most damaging spell (inferno) would probably take out every skeleton, three zombies two mummies and one chaos warrior. All the other spells are less damaging and would probably leave quite a few alive.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » April 13th, 2015, 8:49 am

It is a high-value target for Morcar because of it's super strong spells.
It is an easy target for Morcar, because of it's low Body Points.

High value-easy target.... early death.

In fact, I was killing Stormy because he would have spoiled the possibility for a side Quest otherwise. Before, i didn't kill him because i tried to kill the Barbarian, and i wanted to see how he plays out. I never killed a Barbarian before, so this was really worth trying. :) It was really my decision "ok now Stormy should die" and she died. This is the problem. Heroes shouldn't be killable like that.

The rerolls, yes, i admit they don't fit to HQ. You have to change the dicing system before they possibly fit, and that's a pain in the ass. :D I won't do it. Not soon, anyway. So no rerolls for me, not soon.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 13th, 2015, 10:08 am

Actually inferno couldn't kill any of the chaos warriors because they've got 4BP in my rules.

Stormy was very unlucky to die like that though, especially with the rerolls. It's not often you lose 3BP in one attack. You also used the alarm just before it so there was nothing I could do.

You should have the GM screen reward!
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » April 13th, 2015, 10:50 am

Thanks! But I rather find the Chaos Warrior and Skeleton and so on... I just can't find them. :barbarian:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 13th, 2015, 2:09 pm

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1650 ;) And you can get two clues (one per 100 posts).

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kitch1982 » April 13th, 2015, 5:19 pm

This is so annoying! The clues don't help me at all :p
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 17th, 2015, 5:13 pm

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room