• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Experiment

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Experiment

Postby Kitch1982 » April 7th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Barbarian movement
Kitch1982 rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 6

2 east and 4 south - open the door and take a look.
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » April 8th, 2015, 1:04 am

You can keep your movement dice. But i wouldn't like to skip the barbarians movement nor the Orc and the Goblin.

Kitch, you see the following. After you may finish your turn.

For the treasure card deck shuffling, theoretically this is the rule:
Say; each and any time you want to draw a card i have to shuffle it and draw it for you.

You could imagine that this would slightly embarrass me.
Plus, GYG Treasure Cards have the note "return it to the bottom of the deck" written on the "bad" cards. This would be quite useless if I shuffle right afterwards.
Third point, if you do that with real playcards, they have to be replaced after one or two games.

So, I return the bad cards to the bottom (slightly enhancing the chances for you to find something good) until you find something good - and then I shuffle.

I must admit, I "shuffle" and "draw" in Excel. Nevertheless, I think this is the good way of dealing with it.

So. Now it is up to Kitch to use his last movement points;
then I'll move the Goblin and the Orc;
then I take into account the second movement of Gold Bearer.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » April 8th, 2015, 3:42 am

Search for traps and secret doors if it's clear I move 4 south. Eot
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 8th, 2015, 7:30 am

You can't search in the middle of the movement. You can't search if you already searched for treasure. So i move you four south?

After i do my map update the evening.

Besides,

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » April 8th, 2015, 9:09 am

Anderas wrote:You can't search in the middle of the movement. You can't search if you already searched for treasure. So i move you four south?

After i do my map update the evening.

Besides,

Sorry I forgot that I already searched! And I'm using two characters who can move-action-move in other quests! I'm obviously getting used to that to much lol
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 8th, 2015, 10:40 am

Anderas wrote:You can keep your movement dice. But i wouldn't like to skip the barbarians movement nor the Orc and the Goblin.
No, that movement was for before your turn.

Anderas wrote:For the treasure card deck shuffling, theoretically this is the rule:
Say; each and any time you want to draw a card i have to shuffle it and draw it for you.

You could imagine that this would slightly embarrass me.
Plus, GYG Treasure Cards have the note "return it to the bottom of the deck" written on the "bad" cards. This would be quite useless if I shuffle right afterwards.
Third point, if you do that with real playcards, they have to be replaced after one or two games.

So, I return the bad cards to the bottom (slightly enhancing the chances for you to find something good) until you find something good - and then I shuffle.

I must admit, I "shuffle" and "draw" in Excel. Nevertheless, I think this is the good way of dealing with it.
I the standard rules you shuffle the deck when you put a card back so that it can be drawn again. There's no reason to shuffle if the card isn't returned to the deck because they're already shuffled. If you put cards back at the bottom of the deck and shuffle when a card isn't returned to the deck that would work, it would just mean that cards that have been returned to the deck won't come up again until after a good card is drawn.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 8th, 2015, 3:48 pm

The Dwarf was throwing the Bomb before the Goblin disappeared.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 8th, 2015, 4:40 pm

The dwarf used the bomb in the same round that the barbarian killed the orc. The dwarf moved to the skulls square in the same round that the barbarian searched the room. The dwarf moved last time in the same round that the barbarian opened the door.

Did the barbarian search the room and open the door in the same turn then?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » April 8th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Yes I killed the Orc then next turn I searched before moving. That's why I forgot and tried to search again.
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 9th, 2015, 2:11 am

Yes exactly. You searched.... waited for the result.... moved. GB thought this would be two turns.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room